SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Upload series on Prime
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upload series on Prime Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
My wife and I started this series because we had just finished Hanna Season 2 and the commercial had a little bit in it that we liked. It is set in 2033 I think and the premise and basic story have been done, sorta. This one is pretty funny about 85% of the time, but it has a sweet nature about it and overall we found it very entertaining. When it comes to human nature, it's not new at all, and I think that is what is most entertaining about it. There will always be haves and have not's and there is a 'social inequality' thing there, but it has to be there considering the story and it's circumstance. Looking back, it's actually surprisingly dark, especially the process in which you 'upload'.

I did say it had a sweet nature, and it does but it is not suitable for kids. Lots of mature level humor. Mostly involving 'can they still...?' and 'how do they...?' kind of questions. The peeing scene is hilarious, though I think my wife enjoyed that much than me for whatever reason. Probably because I think that is an area where women ultimately envy men. They sleep too and other things you might not expect. It is explained early on that there was a lot that had to added back to the virtual living experience in order for people to be happy living in it.

A nice surprise and fairly light entertainment, even though it raises pretty important questions for some folks out there I imagine.

It started May 20th and got renewed for a second season within a few weeks it sounds like.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

Posts: 7249 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I thought it showed promise, but was a little lackluster in execution. I watched the entire season, and will likely watch Season 2 when it comes out, but it just seemed to be missing something... I think a lot of it may have to do with the main actor, who seems pretty one-dimensional. (A handsome face to attract female viewers, but that's about it.) I did like the lead actress, though.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
May give it a shot once I finish Hanna season 2.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I did like the lead actress, though.
As they said on The Little Rascals
'You said it'!

I agreed about the male lead at first. But he was supposed to be a vacuous, pretty-boy, narcissist. I thought he transitioned pretty well, better than I expected that's for sure.

Maybe that's it. When you have low/no expectation, anything positive looks pretty good. I call it The English Patient effect. I had a girl I was living with that drug me to it and I had zero expectation and zero idea what it was about. So I was able to find some entertainment value. Like Willem Defoe getting interrogated. I feel so sorry for those poor devils that got hyped and then went to that movie with expectations.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

Posts: 7249 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
4 episodes in, it's entertaining so far.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I found it moderately entertaining but since Netflix/Prime is getting a workout now days what else are you gonna watch?

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Blew through the season already. Enjoyable, curious how season 2 will go, S1 ended on a bit of a 'cliffhanger' of sorts.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next season. Clever premise and kinda sad, but quite a few surprises.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'm watching this as well. Really enjoyed Hanna.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I also liked it. Looking forward to season 2...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Halfway through it - so far, we are enjoying it.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We finished season 2 last week.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Tried, but couldn't get into it. 3-4 episodes was about all I could hack.

For me (and I'm sure it's just my warped outlook on life) the parts that weren't cloying were stupid. And I wanted to strangle his bitch fiancee' every time she showed up.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

It's only had 1 season so far...

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

It's only had 1 season so far...

"Hanna" on Prime, two seasons...

https://www.amazon.com/Forest/...instant-video&sr=1-1

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
... But this thread is about "Upload" on Prime, one season:

Big Grin

https://www.amazon.com/Upload-Season-1/dp/B0858YGKZ4

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
You might be referring to this one then?

https://www.amazon.com/Saoirse...id=1598651793&sr=8-3

Confusing with the same title.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No, I'm referring to "Upload", the Amazon series this thread is discussing.

(Man, I feel like I'm in the middle of 'Who's on First' here... Big Grin )

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I had not heard of 'upload'. if you think you're confused... Big Grin

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here, this thread might be what you're actually looking for:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1730070274

Big Grin