SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Joerg Sprave, YouTube gadfly and amateur bowman outdoes himself
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joerg Sprave, YouTube gadfly and amateur bowman outdoes himself Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
Joerg has been playing around with magazine fed bows for some time, his latest contraption is something else. I'd love to see "The Walking Dead" devote an episode with Daryl and Eugene maybe developing one of these . Smile

In this vid, Joerg gives a quick history of his iterations before showing his latest toy --

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URwuU0bRMpU

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember watching many of his vids back in the day when it was only slingshot stuff - the inventiveness of this guy is simply amazing. His final version is pretty impressive!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Skip to 3:30 to see his latest refinement.
If you're even remotely interested in the subject, check this out. I think you'll find it time well spent.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Been watching Joerg on and off for some years. He really outdoes himself damn near everytime a new video is released.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Genius!

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Tweaks and further explanations from Joerg,
then his thoughts on patents for small inventors --

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6zznk0BDd4

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsIihrcqJYA

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Weapon of WAR. Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Well, I’ll be hornswoggled!
I want one!

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Today's update for the handful interested.
Stronger bow, laser, even more impressive performance and better handling --

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1HyETp3V_c

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Very inventive, bright guy. I love his infectious enthusiasm, he has great joy in his projects.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vic40204
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Subscribed.

Vic Johnson

Posts: 798 | Location: Augusta, Georgia. | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
What a great video!!

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post