SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Endgame thread with spoilers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Endgame thread with spoilers Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
I enjoyed the movie, but had a few issues that bugged me.

Half the people in the world are gone, but that didn't slow Audi down at all with product development? Hmm.

When all the people come back, Hawkeye's wife calls him immediately. So five years after she turns to dust, her phone is right where she left it and the service hasn't been cancelled.

The world population suddenly doubles five years after it was suddenly cut in half. I predict mass starvation and suffering for everyone.

Half of all life (not people) was wiped out, which means the half that was brought back would include all plants and animals; no?

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Was it half of 'all life,' or half the people?

Doesn't make sense to kill half the people for the sake of 'balance' and resource allocation if you also eliminate half the food. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
They make a big deal about saying how they have to make sure they don't create any alternate timelines but then isn't that what they did? Most specifically with Captain America staying back in time and marrying Agent Carter?

The issue wasn't creating alt timelines, the issue was creating them without infinity stones. The Ancient One understood her future was not Banner's and told him taking the stone would doom her timeline to suffering and death.

Guessing there are about 14 million timelines going one at once per Dr. Strange?
I thought the whole idea was they had to put the stones back in place where they were first found and brought to earth? If Dr. Strange went to the future 14 million times I'm sure in many of those Thanos won, how was he sure that the one timeline would accord in which they prevail in the end?

quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Doesn't make sense to kill half the people for the sake of 'balance' and resource allocation if you also eliminate half the food. . .
I think it was people and animals. IIRC after Hulk did his finger snapped Ant-Man walked to a window and says it worked because a bunch of birds were chirping outside and weren't there before...and then Thanos shows up and destroys the Avengers facility.

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Sure it does. It’s called carrying capacity. It’s the amount of life that a land mass or body or water can sustain. Cut the inhabitants in half but not the liveable area and there’s room for growth.

Take only predators or one species away and another species overtakes an area and disrupts the ecosystem.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Ant man should have taken one for the team and crawled up Thanos's butt then expanded to full size! Just saying!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only had a couple gripes with the movie:
1. Infinity Stones can only be wielded by ultra powerful beings but Hawkeye can just hold the Soul Stone and no biggie?
2. The girl power scene was a bit overdone. I preferred the Infinity War version.
3. Captain Marvel is kind of a big deal and she is absent for a big chunk of the movie.
4. What happens when the 2012 Loki takes the tesseract?

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
He can’t travel through time with the Tesseract so his stealing it in the time period Cap and co. jumped to gets negated by them traveling back to the present.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Great movie and I like the ending well enough. In the end it’s all about love and family, otherwise what’s it worth to save it all?

One thing that got me was how bleak and desolate everything looked with half the population gone. Yeah that’s a lot of people gone, but it would still mean a LOT of people left. It almost looked like 90% was erased, like a I Am Legend feel for a while.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
They make a big deal about saying how they have to make sure they don't create any alternate timelines but then isn't that what they did? Most specifically with Captain America staying back in time and marrying Agent Carter?

What red-blooded normal American guy wouldn’t want to have 50+ years being married to Agent Carter? Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are we really going to see Falcon as the next Captain America? I have a feeling unless he's wearing his falcon suit, he will get his ass handed to him on the reg.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sooo, in the end, and Cap is supposed to return all the stone EXACTLY to past state, how is he supposed to get the Reality (Red) stone into Aether form...and inject it back into Jane Foster?

Then returning to Vormir, to return the Soul (Orange) stone, he's simply going to bypass Red Skull?

I know it's a movie, there's bound to be plot holes, am I over thinking this? Wink

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
probably should have multiquoted, but here's my guesses:

Hawkeye held the Soul Stone. He didn't use it.
Captain Marvel was absent dealing with other issues in the galaxy so she could be back in time to save the day.
Maybe that 2012 Loki is in an alternate timeline which will be the basis for the disney streaming show?

I think there are comic versions of Falcon in his bird outfit recolored as Cap.

Yeah, the cell call did bother me as well. But then again, ages ago, I dropped an LG phone into a sink full of water and killed it. Tossed it in a junk drawer. Moved years later and was cleaning the junk drawer and the phone was in it. It powered on!!! No service, but it turned on, lit up then puffed out some smoke and finally died.

Also maybe it was just Stark Audis that were evolving and not general Audis?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
We found it was a decent movie but I am not too fond of most movies that involve time travel. How in the world did Thanos suddenly figure out time travel? Captain Marvel can fly through large space ships like nothing but can't do the same to Thanos? I found the whole end battle a bit too much. Loved the ending with Captain America and did not see that coming and also part where Tony meets his dad and has a great experience.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Lots of Starks saving the day lately....

I thought it was really good, a great ending. Lots of plot holes, like why not just use the time stone to travel time? Why not drop Mjolnir on top of Thanos and pin him down? The whole finger snapping thing... He wouldn't have to do the physical act, he could do it with a thought with all of the stones.

But still an awesome ending I thought. Was hoping we would see some Vibranium super Iron Man armor or something though

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Lots of Starks saving the day lately....

I thought it was really good, a great ending. Lots of plot holes, like why not just use the time stone to travel time? Why not drop Mjolnir on top of Thanos and pin him down? The whole finger snapping thing... He wouldn't have to do the physical act, he could do it with a thought with all of the stones.

But still an awesome ending I thought. Was hoping we would see some Vibranium super Iron Man armor or something though

Ohhhhh....how about a Tony Stark and Eitri the Dwarf team up Iron Man Suit....tech and magic!

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally saw it this morning so I can play in this thread now. Generally solid. My beef would be, while it is an Avengers movie and the Avengers have a core of 3-4, we have spent many hours and movies on developing many characters that showed up in the last 30 minute and had one line each. That felt like a missed opportunity.

Except for Tilda Swinton. Great scene.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Saw it this morning. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Yep...plot holes..but that is ok.

Thanos is definitely a bad guy. I thought he was when I first saw him at the end of Avengers but I didn't want to make a snap judgement.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Why not drop Mjolnir on top of Thanos and pin him down?
I don't think placing Mjolnir on his chest will pin Thanos down. As long as Thanos doesn't try to use it, it will just fall off by him rolling his body.

Speaking of which, didn't Thanos take StormBreaker from Thor and almost kill him with it? Did it somehow deemed Thanos worthy, or is Mjolnir the only one that's picky about its wielder?

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
So the hot blonde who was Caps neighbor that turned out to be a Shield agent was Peggys niece... So now that makes him her uncle?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Yes, but the problem you're thinking about would never have occured because Cap would have always been a part of the world and not needed to be under surveillance after his recent thaw from the ice.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post