SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Endgame thread with spoilers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Endgame thread with spoilers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
Speaking of which, didn't Thanos take StormBreaker from Thor and almost kill him with it? Did it somehow deemed Thanos worthy, or is Mjolnir the only one that's picky about its wielder?

Not quite, he and Thor were fighting over it. Thor still had hands on Stormbreaker, Thanos was forcing the weapon back against Thor’s chest.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if Storm Breaker has the same "worthy" requirements. He was still in possession of it while being depressed, and it wasn't until he held Mjolnir again that he knew he was still worthy.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Stormbreaker could be wielded by anyone. Only Mjolnir had the worthy requirement

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Overall, they did a good job tying up the timeline.

We saw Ms Mar Vell first, then Endgame. I give Marvel a c-, and Endgame a A-. Those ratings are comparative to other superhero movies. I honestly think the best one in the last few years is Wonder Woman. The top movies are Bale's batman.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I finally saw it last night. Wow. A lot happens. Feel like I need to see it like 3 more times. As a huge fan of this entire collection of movies and seeing it all come together and come to an end was kind of bittersweet. It’s been a wild ride. After it ended I was just sitting there like “now what?”

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just watched Endgame again and it dawned on me that Bucky knew that Rogers wasn't going to come back. He even says, "I'm going to miss you," right before Rogers is sent back in time. And Bucky nods to Wilson when Rogers offers him the shield because he knew in advance that Rogers wants to pass the mantle of Captain America to Wilson.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Watched infinity war and endgame back to back last night. Wow epic.

My only complaints were I don’t like Brie Larson as Captain Marvel and I hate how they hamfisted her in. I’ve no issues with a female led super hero movie but there are soooo many better choices of characters to choose. Hell I would go see a Black Widow or Okoye or Scarlet Witch movie tomorrow.

Which leads me to my second issue. I get it Tony dies and we need to have a reverant book end for a beloved character........but Screw Nat, I mean REALLY. You couldn’t have here in the memorial at the end too??? Vision? ok technically an android but NAT???? I mean yeah there was the quick nod but I felt like they blew her off.

All in all a solid 5 hour movie. Smile

Also. I love Wong. He is awesome and steels scenes in the few he is in.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Overall, I really liked it, as with most of the Marvel movies, but yeah, Capt. Marvel/Larson was IMO a major mistake. After literally years of growing appreciation and fondness for the main characters, she shows up and is instantly the most powerful of all of them. It felt really undeserved, to me, like they decided to shoehorn her in for SJW purposes.

Also, while I appreciate the humor from Thor's character, what they did with him was just too much for me. To me, he was the most badass of all the Avengers, and he became mostly a punchline in Endgame.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I dunno it’s usually the most badass folks who handle failure the worst. The folks who really never experience failure.

That’s the thing about Capt’ in the MCU. He is the scrappy, used to being kicked in the teeth always get back up with that “is that all you got attitude”.

I don’t hate Captain Marvel. I just don’t care for the way Brie Larson plays her (I have liked her in other things). I also didn’t care for the Ho-hum I’lol drop by and kick Thanos’ ass and maybe get my nails done while on earth, because I could care less attitude.

Scarlett Witch is insanely powerful all things considered and she had stake in the game and the actress portrayed/convey’d that well.

I mean hell I liked and sympathized more with Thanos then CM.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I finally watched it on 4k disc last week and as their usual, Disney hamstringed the disc with subpar 4k quality (HDR was so so, and they should have done it in DV) and the audio was muted. Standard MO for them.

The film to me, was extremely flat. A lot of wasted time on bullshit. Good riddance. Out of all the MCU, I really liked Dr. Strange and the first Thor film (2nd Thor film was ok also), and maybe the first Iron Man. After that it's been lowest common denominator stuff and very lacking.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I got the 4k disc and was disappointed. I haven’t bought a movie disc since Iron Man 2. I’ll never buy another Disney 4k.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Having Thanos show up AGAIN was poor writing in my opinion. Especially because he was apparently still a mega-brawler even without all of the power stones. Give me a break.

That was stupid. They took him down when he actually had a bunch of stones, and couldn't do it when he had zero?

Lame.

I liked the fact that Thor took his head off, but then they should have had a different and more complex issue to tackle as they worked to reassemble the stones. OR Thanos should have used way more technology instead of being a mega-bruiser that out brawled Thor and Captain America, etc.

That was stupid.

Also, the whole scene where "I went out on a date with another dude..." was dumb. I don't care if you're gay or whatever the hell you want to do, but there is ZERO emotional hook for me or any other hetero-sexual human in the audience. All you're doing is writing that dialogue for two reasons:
1. To try and curry favor with maybe 2-3% of your audience at the expense of the rest
2. The virtue signal how socially edgy you are

The writers are morons for doing that.

Finally, I think fat Thor was funny but stupid. What did he have to live for before Thanos and his revenge? Why wasn't that now enough?

I don't know. Overall I think it was as good as it could have been, aside from the stupid things they did with the writing, that I think could have been better, and would have assisted with creating a more believable story overall.

Also, yes, the lack of attention paid to Black Widow's sacrifice, by the rest of the team, was a bit sad.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Veeper, when did they take Thanos down when he had a bunch of the Infinity Stones? I don't recall that. Ironman and company almost got the gauntlet off of him but they didn't. Thanos kicked everyone's butt in Waukanda. Thanos is one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe and that is without the stones (hell he beat the crap out of Hulk and that was without using any the stones he had). Thanos facing Cap, Ironman, and an out of shape Thor would have been easy for him.

As for Thor, will he had it rough:

1. Sister came back destroyed his hammer, father died, Asgard destroyed.
2. Thanos shows up kills Heimdall, Loki, and half the surviving Asgardians. Thor left for dead. Thor survives and gets cool new Axe-Hammer and has the one moment when he could have stopped what happened. Thanos taunt haunted him.....Should have gone to the head. When Thor did kill Thanos, he was already half dead all ready. The result was Thor felt responsible for trillions of deaths and what happened. I can understand him being a bit depressed about it. Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, even Cap had severe depression but they handled it in vastly different ways.

Yeah that whole scene with "I want on a date" was catering to the LBBQTXYZ community, but it wouldn't have been much different if it was a heterosexual date. Just people trying to get past what happened. It just highlighted Cap taking up Sam's role as a counselor.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post