SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    My favorite scene from Five Easy Pieces
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My favorite scene from Five Easy Pieces Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
My favorite Nicholson movie as one who has big problems with Nicholson. The whole movie works and talked to a bunch of us at that time.

Disclaimer: I've always had a soft spot for Karen Black. I was shooting news in central Illinois and Black was at the event. She gave me a double take that I interpreted as she either found me irresistible or my bad attitude was just that evident. Big Grin Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I'd like a, uh, plain omelet, uh, no potatoes, tomatoes instead, a cup of coffee, and wheat toast.

No substitutions.

What do you mean? You don't have any tomatoes?

Only what's on the menu. You can have a number two - a plain omelet. It comes with cottage fries and rolls.

Yeah, I know what it comes with, but it's not what I want.

Well, I'll come back when you make up your mind.

Wait a minute. I have made up my mind. I'd like a plain omelet, no potatoes on the plate, a cup of coffee, and a side order of wheat toast.

I'm sorry. We don't have any side orders of toast. I'll give you an english muffin or a coffee roll.

What do you mean you don't make side orders of toast? You make sandwiches, don't you?

Would you like to talk to the manager?

Hey mac.

Shut up. You've got bread and a toaster of some kind?

I don't make the rules.

Okay, I'll make it as easy for you as I can. I'd like an omelet, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce, and a cup of coffee.

A number two, chicken sal san, hold the butter, the lettuce, and the mayonnaise, and a cup of coffee. anything else?

Yeah. Now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.

You want me to hold the chicken huh?

I want you to hold it between your knees.

You see that sign, sir? Yes, you'll all have to leave. I'm not taking any more of your smartness and sarcasm.

You see this sign?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I read Susan Anspach died today.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This made me think of Nicholson in Easy Rider with that damn football helmet.

“Indians”

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
his rant in Carnal Knowledge actually gets me pissed off at the broad

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I saw this a long time ago. Never really got it then. As you get older you understand the underlying themes.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post