SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Den of thieves - movie
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Den of thieves - movie Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
lets take down the violent felons with machine guns in this line of traffic with 100+ innocent civilians everywhere

sounds like a great idea

---------------------------------------

Didn’t hear you complain when Pacino did it. Big Grin

“Watch your back drop, watch your back drop”

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked it and yeah, its plot was a lot like heat but I looked at it like a sort of tribute to heat. I'm a sucker for heist movies, especially if they've got some good gunplay going on.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I liked it and yeah, its plot was a lot like heat but I looked at it like a sort of tribute to heat.
I would agree - lots of similarities but they certainly made it their own.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
During the range scene, imfdb says the ringleader was shooting a 226. Initially I thought it was a 220 as he shot strings of 8 (reload), 9 (reload).

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the movie. I like most of Butler's stuff. Time for my usual complaint of how he would have made a so much better Reacher than Cruise.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
During the range scene, imfdb says the ringleader was shooting a 226. Initially I thought it was a 220 as he shot strings of 8 (reload), 9 (reload).

It's more apparent when he's reloading it, double stack magazine / P226.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
re-watched this last night on Netflix

liked it better the second time -- not sure why

probably picked up a couple points I missed the first time and 'overlooked' a few of the inconsistencies

it is definitely great for complete lack of SJW BS and the obligatory bad-ass female with a chip on her shoulder who's 'just as good as the guys dammit'

check it out if you haven't seen it

and yes -- the 'similarities' to HEAT are numerous

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post