SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Den of thieves - movie
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Den of thieves - movie Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Wanted badly to like it. A bad ass crew of bank robbers vs a bad ass sheriff task force.

It has too many similarities with Heat to begin with but both crew members character personalities are completely ignored, just the bosses are in a one to one struggle. Has some The Town scenes thrown in jet the pace is not entertaining enough for me. Definitely not woth the ticket price.

The end will look too similar to Heat but for the final twist. That is definitrly from some other iconic movie.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night with my wife via on demand. We both liked it. Yes, lots of similarities to Heat, but I liked the movie.

My wife said that she wanted to watch it again tonight. Both of us are shooters, so we kind of gravitate to movies with "gun play". The funny thing is that my wife didn't really care for Heat...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also wanted to like it. Didn't hate it. Gerard's character was just too unlikable. Nice gunplay.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I fell asleep in the middle, but woke up to see the ending gunfight in traffic.

I thoroughly enjoyed both the nap and the gunfight.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
The gunfight was the only redeeming quality of this movie....

Spoiler Alert
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
What's up with Butler's character not having an optic on his SCAR?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He didn't need one. Didn't see him aim the rifle once.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night and it wasn't bad. Beats the living shit out of most the crap that is coming out of Hollywood today. I'll probably buy it when it hits DVD for $10. I like Pablo Schreiber in that type of role, and I think Butler pulled off his role ok.

The gun handling was way above par, and the shoot outs were pretty well done

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I watched it last night and it wasn't bad. Beats the living shit out of most the crap that is coming out of Hollywood today. I'll probably buy it when it hits DVD for $10. I like Pablo Schreiber in that type of role, and I think Butler pulled off his role ok.

The gun handling was way above par, and the shoot outs were pretty well done

Agree with JJ. Much better than I expected. Very good shoot outs. Some beautiful women too.
Yes similar to Heat in ways but the characters are all different. It has done well and a sequel will be coming out. The director is more or less a rookie and I though the film was directed very well. They did a slow down of audio during a shooting sequence that I thought was very trick. Cinematography and acting were both solid. This would make a great Saturday night rental. Watched it on Blu Ray. I hope to see more films like this. Criminals being chased, shoot outs. It was awesome. Butler even rocked a red dot on his FN pistol and used a Scar for his long gun.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I watched it

It was....ok

I just found some of it too implausible

I saw the twist coming because Spoiler

Why not just take the dude right the hell back out the way he came in (in the truck). There was absolutely no reason to take the risk with the delivery order stuff. They were trying too hard to make him appear unimportant. The entire storyline remains unchanged if you take him acting the part of the delivery man completely out of it

Some of the actors were better with their rifles than others

Butler may have been the worst

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
i love Gerald butler's movies but this one is not just catching my attention.

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good movie. Worth a rental. And a sequel is in the works.

My hang up with it is that it was filmed in Atlanta. As someone who lived and worked in Los Angeles for years, I could not get past it clearly not being in the city is was supposedly set in.

The real LAX indoor firing range in Inglewood is not as nice as the one seen in the film. LOL.

But that is just me. Do not let it stop you from playing along with the caper.

Posts: 774 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
The gunfight was the only redeeming quality of this movie....

Spoiler Alert
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
What's up with Butler's character not having an optic on his SCAR?

Agreed, gun fight was. Nice but storyline was 0%

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Wife and I stumbled on to this last night streaming! Really enjoyed it.
Good gun play movie, loved seeing the FA Scar-Lite.

Heat for a new generation, hope they make a sequel set in U.K.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I liked it. Good crime drama.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it, it's in my rotation of stuff to have on in the background when I can't pick anything else.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Many similarities to HEAT but it's still a good watch.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lets take down the violent felons with machine guns in this line of traffic with 100+ innocent civilians everywhere

sounds like a great idea

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michael Bisbings acting debut !! Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Michael Bisbings acting debut !! Big Grin

And Max Holloway.
Oleg too, but not his debut.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed watching it several times as it returns on cable TV, but then I am a simple man and am easily amused. The story line is kinda dark, like Batman flicks, The Omega Man, The Shootist, Unforgiven and The Crow, but I like 'em like that.

I guess I am a bit prejudiced, being as director Christian Gudegast had called me on speed dial and took my advice about Big Nick carrying an FNX-45 with a red dot. I insisted that it be a Trijicon SRO, but he pointed out repeatedly that it wouldn't even be released for a year or so.
So that's why Big Nick used an RMR to settle down Pablo in the final " Heat" - like We're bros at heart, but I'm moving on ending.

Posts: 15842 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post