New
Find
Notify
Tools

Share a song Login/Join 
posted
John Prine- Happy Enchilada song
"That's the Way that the World Goes 'Round"

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I always liked the video from this one

Colin James - I Just Came Back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NetqMq8e31k

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
Indio Hard Sun

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
The world gets a little fuzzy every time I hear this song. Ok, I cry. I cry every time I hear this song.

Sung by Rowena Taheny.

The story behind the song...

quote:
American songwriter Peter Jones discovered a collection of letters in his parents’ attic written by his great-great-great grandfather, Byran Hunt, to his son, John Hunt, who had emigrated from Kilkelly in Ireland to the United States in 1855. The Great Famine in Ireland had forced large numbers of people to emigrate in search of a better life. The five-stanza ballad he wrote based on these letters cover the time period from 1860 to 1892.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Five great instrumentalists coming together at the Merlefest: Mark O'Connor, Tony Rice, Bela Fleck, Gerry Douglas, and Sam Bush, with Freeborn Man.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVl1ibykWZU

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
This one always gets my room a bit dusty. Some powerful lyrics, the line about the old blacktop road really has childhood memories for me.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
This one always gets my room a bit dusty. Some powerful lyrics, the line about the old blacktop road really has childhood memories for me.

I had never heard that one before. Loved it! What a crying shame that she passed away so young. Her small role in “Castaway” is my favorite part of the movie.

This is Vince Gill at his blazing best. The bass player is Michael Rhodes, one of the great Nashville session players. I saw him with Joe Bonamassa’s band about a year ago. The drummer is Billy Thomas, who has played in Vince’s band for a long time.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:

I had never heard that one before. Loved it! What a crying shame that she passed away so young. Her small role in “Castaway” is my favorite part of the movie.

I had the priviledge of meeting Lari twice. Amazing lady.
Another memory, from a cold snowy night. I was in the front row at the old Birchmere. Lari sat on the corner of the stage, three feet from me, and sang the following song right to me. For those few moments, we were the only two people in the world.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can I canoe you
arthur godfrey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOhjI2ISqko

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1288 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yvonne Elliman is gorgeous and talented: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KtgMrkkIjE

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had the priviledge of meeting Lari twice. Amazing lady.
Another memory, from a cold snowy night. I was in the front row at the old Birchmere. Lari sat on the corner of the stage, three feet from me, and sang the following song right to me. For those few moments, we were the only two people in the world.
[sigh] Ya lucky duck

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I had not heard of this song until I saw the cover by Reina del Cid and Tony Lindgren.
I added both versions to my collection.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHSw0SPuq2I

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post