Find
Notify
Tools

Share a song Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
This is Vince Gill at his blazing best. The bass player is Michael Rhodes, one of the great Nashville session players. I saw him with Joe Bonamassa’s band about a year ago. The drummer is Billy Thomas, who has played in Vince’s band for a long time.

Billy Thomas is a very enthusiastic drummer! He brings a lot to Vince's group. And I just love Vince's old beat-to-shit Tele. Clapton's Crossroads festivals have brought us a lot of great music and artist collaborations you don't see too often.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

C'mon Henry. Let's keep it classy. Big Grin
https://youtu.be/IdkCEioCp24?t=1

Crap, now I have to share a song. Ummm... I hope this doesn't go against the twanging trend so far.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
in the Vince Gill video, how many saw Eric Clapton in disguise?

Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
This is Vince Gill at his blazing best. The bass player is Michael Rhodes, one of the great Nashville session players. I saw him with Joe Bonamassa’s band about a year ago. The drummer is Billy Thomas, who has played in Vince’s band for a long time.

Billy Thomas is a very enthusiastic drummer! He brings a lot to Vince's group. And I just love Vince's old beat-to-shit Tele. Clapton's Crossroads festivals have brought us a lot of great music and artist collaborations you don't see too often.

The Tele is Vince’s legendary ‘53 Blackguard that he bought for $450 in Oklahoma City in the late 70s. For those not into guitars, a “Blackguard” is not simply a Telecaster with a black pickguard. It refers specifically to those made between 1950 and 1954; pickguards were made of bakelite. Gill has said that he owns many “blackguards” now, in a search for another with similar sound and feel—he hasn’t found it. There’s something about the neck and sound of that one that’s special.

Here’s one that you don’t hear very often from the Stones. Keith Richards is playing another iconic blackguard Tele, that he calls “Micawber,” named after the Dickens’ character from David Copperfield. The guitar was a gift from Eric Clapton.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Sandman
The Choardettes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX45pYvxDiA

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

C'mon Henry. Let's keep it classy. Big Grin
https://youtu.be/IdkCEioCp24?t=1

Well, since you brought in the Foo Fighters, how about this...?

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JozAmXo2bDE

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/vFL5QcYDnmw

-Mike
IPDA A22017

Posts: 1715 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: September 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Although it's a Christmas song, "You're Here" by Francesca Battistelli always touches me.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

^^^^^^^^
Beautiful harmonies. Emmylou and Linda especially harmonize well together. Linda joins on quite a few Emmylou songs, but you don't know it is her unless you read the credits.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
in the Vince Gill video, how many saw Eric Clapton in disguise?

Big Grin

Looks like it was filmed at one of Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festivals.

My contribution:
Tom Waits - Shiver Me Timbers

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Roy Buchanan was a true Telecaster master. We lost him too soon.

When in doubt, mumble

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Concierto Para Una Sola Voz
Danielle Vicari
I like this one – the song and the graphics.

https://youtu.be/68FTha7TA2M

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
First time I heard this I was 7 years old and didn't really understand it. Some where in my twenties I learned about love and heartache and since then I can't listen to this song without getting emotional.

1980 sanremo winner

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/wSemc3kj818

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I always thought this was really unique...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwPHy17Iu6E

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just read that “beard guy” Mike Taylor (from my posted vid above) “died of natural causes in his sleep” in late December. He had two children...sad.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post