SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Comedy from the Mid-80s; I Understand if you Don't Get It
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comedy from the Mid-80s; I Understand if you Don't Get It Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Not everyone gets Sam Kinison, and he's not always this funny, but I think this routine is great. Video quality isn't very good, but sound is fine.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
A hilarious entertainer that died waaaaaaay before his time. I can honestly say I've probably laughed my hardest at some of Kinison's material.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was lucky enough to see him, I want to say 1990....absolutely brilliant.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Sam was the man.

I had several of his cassettes.

I was on my way to Myrtle Beach, the morning I learned he had been killed by a drunk driver.

While not everyone's cup of tea, I miss Sam, he was a funny, funny man.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Him and the Dice Man. Both funny as all get out.

Posts: 20087 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Kinison's 'starving kids' bit, Murphy's 'Aunt Bunny' routine, and Cosby's 'Noah' set were what I grew up on.

Good times. Big Grin

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Oh man, I hadn’t thought about Sam in years. My buddies use to constantly play one of his acts that was on cassette tape. Brutal. Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
He was awesome in Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield. Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I laugh like heck for the Sparky and the dog psychiatrist routine.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SAY IT !! SAY IT !! Big Grin

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I doubt I'll ever stop laughing at Eddie Murphy impersonating Richard Prior, Bill Cosby, and Elvis, and particularly the phone call between Cosby and Murphy.

quote:
I would like - to talk - to youuuuuuuuuuuu

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
"If I get married again, I want a guy there with a drum to do rimshots during the vows."

I've been a Sam Kinison fan since I first heard him in the 80s, still have several of his albums on vinyl. The routine he did with Rodney Dangerfield in "Back To School" is a classic:

Professor Terguson: You remember that thing we had about 30 years ago called the Korean conflict? And how we failed to achieve victory? How come we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China?

Professor Terguson: [rips a desk apart] Then take the fucking wall apart

[shouts]

Professor Terguson: brick by brick and nuke them back into the fucking stone age forever? Tell me why! How come? Say it! Say it!

Thornton Melon: [incensed] All right. I'll say it. 'Cause Truman was too much of a *pussy wimp* to let MacArthur go in there

[shouts]

Thornton Melon: and blow out those Commie bastards!

Professor Terguson: Good answer. Good answer. I like the way you think. I'm gonna be watching you.

Thornton Melon: [chuckling to his classmates] Good teacher. He really seems to care. About what I have no idea.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post