SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Hooked on Classics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hooked on Classics Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Anyone here love this medley rock rendition of the classical music like I do? Was in college, when it came out in 1981. Instant hit. Cool

The original:

There are several more that I like, but Hooked on America very much so:

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not me. I really liked Big Band music as a kid (still do), as well as a number of the more well known classical pieces, but I always disliked the Hooked on Classics series. One, because I never cared for medleys and two, because of that constant beat that runs through all their pieces.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Not me. I really liked Big Band music as a kid (still do),

Check out Jive Bunny and the Mastermixers:

I was playing string bass in the orchestra when Hooked On Classics came out. Loved it then and haven't heard it in years. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 20084 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Anyone here love this medley rock rendition of the classical music like I do? Was in college, when it came out in 1981. Instant hit. Cool

Different tastes, but I had the entirely opposite reaction. I first heard it while traveling for work in Puerto Rico. Coming back, people asked what I thought of the place. I said, "I liked the people, and the island itself was great. It was interesting being in a place I didn't speak much of the language. But, geez, they did something horrible down there to some great classical music, trying to making disco out of it."

Of course I was then informed it was not something properly to charge against Puerto Rico.

Posts: 15025 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post