SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Just made an amazing discovery....I've never seen the original Dirty Harry
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just made an amazing discovery....I've never seen the original Dirty Harry Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Smile Get well soon, take two acetimitephin and watch Hrry Callahan

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I know what you are thinking punk.........

Punk: "I gott's to know".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’m a longtime fan of the series but have found that, more recently, I’m good with just the 1971 original and 1973’s “Magnum Force.” I like the remaining films, too, but will make time for these first two.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Hey Allen! Your post reminded me of this:

A Group of guys, all turning 40, discussed where they should meet for lunch.
Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Longhorn Steakhouse because the waitresses had big breasts and wore mini-skirts.

Ten years later, at age 50, the friends once again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Longhorn Steakhouse because the waitresses were attractive.
The food and service was good and the beer selection was excellent.

Ten years later, at age 60, the friends again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Longhorn Steakhouse because there was plenty of parking, they could dine in peace and quiet with no loud music, and it was good value for money.

Ten years later, at age 70, the friends discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Longhorn Steakhouse because the restaurant was wheelchair accessible and had a toilet for the disabled.

Ten years later, at age 80, the friends discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Longhorn Steakhouse because they had never been there before.

Big Grin Big Grin

After a 14 day cruise from Bergen to the northern most city in Norway and back, my in-laws insisted we eat "American" food, at a Longhorn Steakhouse upon our return to Bergen. We did and I'll never forget that place. Absolutely the worst tasting/toughest steak I've every had the misfortune of trying to eat. That was almost ten years ago and even with my fading memory, the name of that restaurant still makes me cringe. Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Shame on you young man!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I want to watch it again.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
That jerkoff in Chicago P.D. isn't fit to walk in Dirty Harry's shoes.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best part I find watching Dirty Harry, well besides Harry dispensing justice Cool , is seeing all the old sights long gone from San Francisco. I'd nerd-out and would name the neighborhood, the street, the surrounding businesses from every scene.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I probably should not mention this, but Film Noir has a treasure trove of movies shot in the 1940s and 1950s of both San Francisco and LA. It is fascinating to look at these scenes and note all the changes. I also enjoy looking at the cars, dress and the snappy dialogue in addtion to the landmarks now gone.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
After a 14 day cruise from Bergen to the northern most city in Norway and back, my in-laws insisted we eat "American" food, at a Longhorn Steakhouse upon our return to Bergen. We did and I'll never forget that place. Absolutely the worst tasting/toughest steak I've every had the misfortune of trying to eat. That was almost ten years ago and even with my fading memory, the name of that restaurant still makes me cringe.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Give it a few more years and you will think it was the Texas Roadhouse restaurant where you had the bad meal.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
After a 14 day cruise from Bergen to the northern most city in Norway and back, my in-laws insisted we eat "American" food, at a Longhorn Steakhouse upon our return to Bergen. We did and I'll never forget that place. Absolutely the worst tasting/toughest steak I've every had the misfortune of trying to eat. That was almost ten years ago and even with my fading memory, the name of that restaurant still makes me cringe. Wink

I can only imagine the torture you had to endure, hopefully the nightmares have subsided and you've been able to forgive your in-laws. Big Grin
There's only three countries in Europe which are capable of cooking a steak that American's can appreciate: Italy, France and Spain. And within each of them, you've got to zero-in on the specific type of restaurant and the region or, you'll be very disappointed.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
...insisted we eat "American" food, at a Longhorn Steakhouse upon our return to Bergen. We did and I'll never forget that place. Absolutely the worst tasting/toughest steak I've every had the misfortune of trying to eat. That was almost ten years ago and even with my fading memory, the name of that restaurant still makes me cringe. Wink

Sorry to have been the cause of your revisiting your memories of such a travesty.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Recently found a used Bluray 4 pack of the Dirty Harry series (first 4) at a music store, had to buy it.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I don’t get people who watch shows like Dirty Harry who worry about him violating people’s Rights.

It’s like watching Smokey and the Bandit and getting upset about reckless driving.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Kind of like watching NCIS... which I liked for the first couple of seasons... even when they were always checking to see if the gun was 'registered', not to mention all the violations of people's rights they did by checking their emails, text and phone records....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post