Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Underworld Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
The first Underworld film is on Cinemax right now. Haven’t seen the original in some time but I have seen it a dozen times and saw it in the theater. Kate Beckinsale is just completely stunning in tight leather. I mean if she had AIDS I’d risk it. Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Those BERETTAS!!!

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Good movie and Selene is kinda nice to look at.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Great movie. The follow up movies hurt more than they helped the story, but the first was very good.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
One of me and my wife's favorite movies. I always wondered why I thought Berettas where sexy

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Every generation has their favorites. Marilyn Monroe, Bo Derek, Cindy Crawford etc etc.

Somehow Kate wasn't the generational favorite in 2000's. I don't know how because you can put her up against anyone else, even if she's not your "type" she comes out the winner. Even in something subjective as personal taste, everyone would have a hard time comparing her to another sex symbol and dismiss her.

One of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in the past 30 years.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Yep, Kate rocked in that role. Movies had a nice gothic-feel about them too.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
That's odd. The hammer looks cocked on that Beretta, but the trigger is in DA mode. Confused

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The guns were 92FSs modified to fire in full auto. Might have something to do with the modifications affecting the trigger distance.

Or those could also be dummy stunt guns, molded with the hammers back and the trigger in that position.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Super hot beautiful babe in skin tight leather shooting and blowing stuff up.

How does anyone not love this movie

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish they kept the Berettas throughout the sequels.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
Wish they kept the Berettas throughout the sequels.

And the same level of *cough* cinematic quality? Big Grin

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite outtakes is Kate’s mispronunciation of Lycans. If you have the DVD/Blu-ray, take a look. Also available on YouTube - Underworld [2003] Outtakes. Other outtakes also are interesting. Looks like the cast had fun making the movie.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I always liked Van Helsing, too. Kate plus the "Brides" is quite a package.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frankenstein in Van Helsing also is a great character. I also recommend taking a look at the outtakes for Van Helsing

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
I always liked Van Helsing, too. Kate plus the "Brides" is quite a package.

Wow. That was the last movie that I actually walked out of the theater from. Just an absolutely atrocious film.

Underworld though I did very much enjoy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Van Helsing plays at a couple of different levels. I first saw it after seeing Underworld. Combine Kate Beckinsdale and Hugh Jackman, and that was enough for me to like it. There are quite a few great scenes and individual stories in the film. I’ll agree that it certainly is not a seamless whole. The vampire ball is an incredible scene. Add in the assault crossbow and fighting the brides and it is an enjoyable watch.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MagnumU:
Van Helsing plays at a couple of different levels. I first saw it after seeing Underworld. Combine Kate Beckinsdale and Hugh Jackman, and that was enough for me to like it. There are quite a few great scenes and individual stories in the film. I’ll agree that it certainly is not a seamless whole. The vampire ball is an incredible scene. Add in the assault crossbow and fighting the brides and it is an enjoyable watch.

"Why does it smell like wet dog in here?"

I laugh every time.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the Underworld movies in general. A neat concept that was executed pretty well. Besides, Kate is easy on the eyes.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
The opening scene of Underworld . . . I was hooked.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post