Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cobra Kai Login/Join 
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
The one unanswered question is where did Johnny learn to do such quality auto body painting. I would think there was more money in that than karate, especially in California. Smile

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Hwaaaaaaaa

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Love the nostalgia and call-backs to the first two films. Daniel and Johnny have great chemistry. They're always at each other's throats, but every time they sat down to air things out, they'd hit it off and almost become buddies.

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Family Man
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the original movie, and Cobra Kai was very entertaining. There was plenty of 80s nostalgia, and I like most of the characters. I’m looking forward to the next season if there is one.

Posts: 987 | Registered: December 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I was pleasantly surprised, this was really good. I liked seeing all the actors from the original (especially the episode where Tommy died).

That said, Ray Charles could see where this is going. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Since I dumped Netflix and now have Amazon Prime, they're charging $10 per season...shame, and $2 per episode. Though I've still a lot of free bringing content on Amazon, Cobra Kai will have to wait.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I was pleasantly surprised, this was really good.

I hesitated to watch it because I thought it was going to be an awful cringe fest. But I'm enjoying it. I think it's probably better than any of the sequels. Though so far season 1 was better than 2.

I think my biggest surprise is that Billy Zabka is actually a good actor.
(Macchio... still not so much.)

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

I think my biggest surprise is that Billy Zabka is actually a good actor.
(Macchio... still not so much.)

I agree he is pretty good but Macchio is Macchio and still decent.
Loved him in My Cousin Vinny.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
We just finished season 1 and have liked it so far.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I finished season 2 last night and it's pretty much all been said already. I really enjoyed it, and it's well done. I definitely agree that it's tongue-in-cheek kind of poking fun at itself, but for all that, the character development is a welcome surprise. I'll definitely be looking forward to season three and however they manage to work in Elizabeth Shue's character.

I will say the season 2 finale kind of caught me by surprise. I wasn't quite expecting what it turned into. Eek

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I'll definitely be looking forward to season three and however they manage to work in Elizabeth Shue's character.

Dude... the Season 2 finale cliffhanger was telegraphed way early in the fight when they all started working their way up the stairwell.

Also, they told us earlier when they talked about Ali that she’s a pediatric surgeon, so...

Smile

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I missed that. I just filed it away mentally as "some kind of doctor," so "pediatric surgeon" certainly follows. Smile

I meant the whole school erupting into a barroom style brawl being a bit of a surprise, but yes, once they started going up the stairs, I thought "this is about to end badly for somebody."

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Macchio was ok in The Outsiders, and in My Cousin Vinny. We watched the first episode last night and don’t share the general enthusiasm here

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Pretty entertaining. Wife and I just binged it.

Lots of amusing little jokes and details.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Just watched season 3. Enjoyed it, mostly for the throwbacks.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Macchio was ok in The Outsiders, and in My Cousin Vinny. We watched the first episode last night and don’t share the general enthusiasm here

It took me a couple of episodes. now I love it!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It has a rather high cheeseyness factor, but it's fun if you can ignore that.

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Good god, Elizabeth Shue still looks amazing.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Good god, Elizabeth Shue still looks amazing.

You should watch season 1 of The Boys on Amazon Prime

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Huh. I expected this to be about the ad with Martin Kove as the Karate instructor, who changed his "Cobra Kai" to "Koala Kai".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post