Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cobra Kai Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed this whole mini series. they did an excelent job. both main actors are far better than they were 35 years ago.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I just binge watched the whole series yesterday. Only intended to watch a couple episodes then got hooked. Far better than I expected. I’m looking forward to season-2.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just binged watched season 1 yesterday. I really liked it!

What did everyone think of season 2?

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey gents what network is this on ?

youtube?

got some idle time thats for sure

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

youtube?

YouTube Premium. I haven't seen the second season yet myself.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

youtube?

I just subscribed to YouTube TV, which is great, and I watched it on there.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
The wife and I really like the series. Looking forward to S3!

There is some rumor/speculation that Elisabeth Shue will be in S3. I sure hope so.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
...Daniel-san's wife is hoooooooooooooot.
Yeah. That’s the delicious Courtney Henggeler, whom I drooled over the first time I saw her playing Sheldon’s fraternal twin sister on The Big Bang Theory. Hamana hamana hama hama...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Kid: “Sorry Sensei, should I do 20 push-ups on my knuckles?”

Johnny: [laughs] “Yeah, right, like you could.”

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
OK...started binge watching and I'm up to Episode 2.2. What I kinda find hilarious is all the SJW references. It's so overplayed, I wonder if the writers of the show mean it to be satire?? I'm almost inclined to say, "Why yes...they're poking a sharp stick right into the eyeball of all this SJW bullsh*t." Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
My favorite quote so far:
"kick that pansy bitch in the face"

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I just started semi-binge watching this. I have to say it is fun and pretty well done. Not all that substantive, but light entertainment nontheless.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

Yeah, I think they're pandering to a whole contrabase that sees Daniel as the villain, blowing in from out-of-town, stealing Johnnie's girl, kicking his ass and taking the championship with an illegal head kick. But I doubt that they'll make him into a complete monster, more likely we'll get a more thorough exploration of both characters.

According to Johnnie's friends, she had already broken up with Johnnie before she met Daniel.

She did. He didn't.

Just finished S1 on Netflix. It might be the best nostalgia- driven show/movie I've seen. (And That includes Stranger Things.)

I liked that it is not all cut and dried... Johnny now good, Daniel now bad. Instead, each one has fault and each one has some God this they're trying to do.

I mean everything could be resolved if everyone would just sit down and talk for 5 minutes but where is the fun in that.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Never noticed it in 2018 when it came out but recently started.
Now on Season 2.
Pretty entertaining albeit a bit predictable on the plot lines.
Nice change of pace.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

I liked that it is not all cut and dried... Johnny now good, Daniel now bad.

Kind of like how in Pro Wrestling when "good guy" and the "bad guy" change roles. Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
The season 2 finale is pretty intense.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

I liked that it is not all cut and dried... Johnny now good, Daniel now bad.

Kind of like how in Pro Wrestling when "good guy" and the "bad guy" change roles. Eek

But I mean Johnny is still kinda bad, even though he's helping kids out and wants to do better, he's still tesching the "no mercy" stuff.

And Daniel is a good guy protecting his family, but he thinks he's protecting people from the old style of Cobra Kai... which he kinda is. Could have been the bigger man multiple times though.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I watched the first two episodes when they were free on YouTube a few years ago. Completely forgot about it until I saw it pop up on Netflix over the weekend. Binged season one Saturday and Sunday. I think I’m three or four episodes into season two now. I’m enjoying it quite a lot. Great reminder of my childhood.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Firearms instructor:" Up!"
Cobra Kai sensai" "We have a room full of flinchers!"

This show is a hoot.

Posts: 629 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just started watching -- two episodes in

very entertaining

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post