SIGforum
Cobra Kai

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4160092144

September 02, 2020, 05:16 PM
Kuisis
Cobra Kai
The one unanswered question is where did Johnny learn to do such quality auto body painting. I would think there was more money in that than karate, especially in California. Smile
September 02, 2020, 06:02 PM
46and2
Hwaaaaaaaa

September 03, 2020, 12:27 AM
Rawny
Love the nostalgia and call-backs to the first two films. Daniel and Johnny have great chemistry. They're always at each other's throats, but every time they sat down to air things out, they'd hit it off and almost become buddies.
September 03, 2020, 11:19 AM
Brett257
I really enjoyed the original movie, and Cobra Kai was very entertaining. There was plenty of 80s nostalgia, and I like most of the characters. I’m looking forward to the next season if there is one.
September 04, 2020, 06:27 PM
AllenInAR
I was pleasantly surprised, this was really good. I liked seeing all the actors from the original (especially the episode where Tommy died).

That said, Ray Charles could see where this is going. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
September 05, 2020, 02:28 PM
just1tym
Since I dumped Netflix and now have Amazon Prime, they're charging $10 per season...shame, and $2 per episode. Though I've still a lot of free bringing content on Amazon, Cobra Kai will have to wait.

Regards, Will G.
September 20, 2020, 02:59 PM
cas
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I was pleasantly surprised, this was really good.

I hesitated to watch it because I thought it was going to be an awful cringe fest. But I'm enjoying it. I think it's probably better than any of the sequels. Though so far season 1 was better than 2.

I think my biggest surprise is that Billy Zabka is actually a good actor.
(Macchio... still not so much.)

September 20, 2020, 03:43 PM
smschulz
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

I think my biggest surprise is that Billy Zabka is actually a good actor.
(Macchio... still not so much.)

I agree he is pretty good but Macchio is Macchio and still decent.
Loved him in My Cousin Vinny.
September 21, 2020, 12:53 AM
KevinCW
We just finished season 1 and have liked it so far.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."
September 21, 2020, 04:06 PM
P220 Smudge
I finished season 2 last night and it's pretty much all been said already. I really enjoyed it, and it's well done. I definitely agree that it's tongue-in-cheek kind of poking fun at itself, but for all that, the character development is a welcome surprise. I'll definitely be looking forward to season three and however they manage to work in Elizabeth Shue's character.

I will say the season 2 finale kind of caught me by surprise. I wasn't quite expecting what it turned into. Eek

September 21, 2020, 04:32 PM
BurtonRW
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I'll definitely be looking forward to season three and however they manage to work in Elizabeth Shue's character.

Dude... the Season 2 finale cliffhanger was telegraphed way early in the fight when they all started working their way up the stairwell.

Also, they told us earlier when they talked about Ali that she’s a pediatric surgeon, so...

Smile

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A
September 21, 2020, 10:37 PM
P220 Smudge
Yeah, I missed that. I just filed it away mentally as "some kind of doctor," so "pediatric surgeon" certainly follows. Smile

I meant the whole school erupting into a barroom style brawl being a bit of a surprise, but yes, once they started going up the stairs, I thought "this is about to end badly for somebody."

September 25, 2020, 03:55 PM
TMats
Macchio was ok in The Outsiders, and in My Cousin Vinny. We watched the first episode last night and don’t share the general enthusiasm here

October 10, 2020, 09:40 PM
Lord Vaalic
Pretty entertaining. Wife and I just binged it.

Lots of amusing little jokes and details.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
January 01, 2021, 06:57 PM
Oz_Shadow
Just watched season 3. Enjoyed it, mostly for the throwbacks.
January 01, 2021, 10:06 PM
gw3971
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Macchio was ok in The Outsiders, and in My Cousin Vinny. We watched the first episode last night and don’t share the general enthusiasm here

It took me a couple of episodes. now I love it!
January 01, 2021, 10:44 PM
Lord Vaalic
It has a rather high cheeseyness factor, but it's fun if you can ignore that.

January 02, 2021, 10:35 AM
HuskySig
Good god, Elizabeth Shue still looks amazing.
January 02, 2021, 02:59 PM
Lord Vaalic
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Good god, Elizabeth Shue still looks amazing.

You should watch season 1 of The Boys on Amazon Prime

January 03, 2021, 09:50 PM
flashguy
Huh. I expected this to be about the ad with Martin Kove as the Karate instructor, who changed his "Cobra Kai" to "Koala Kai".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth