SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Early TV appearances by actors
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early TV appearances by actors Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Decided to recapture a little of my childhood by watching Space 1999. Ian McShane is the "guest artist" in the second episode.

And he didn't say "fuck" once. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
He was in 1 or 2 episodes of Magnum, P.I. as well.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Harrison Ford in American Graffiti. He played a hot rodder that Paul Lemat raced.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1368 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
Harrison Ford in American Graffiti. He played a hot rodder that Paul Lemat raced.

Not a TV show, but you're right.

I find it humorous and interesting to watch old TV shows on TVLand and the like. Episodic shows like "The Rifleman" and "Wanted: Dead or Alive" (starring Steve McQueen) had lots of early star appearances. There are web sites such as this one that feature lists of "early starts."

ETA: Let's also not forget the Twilight Zone series. Almost every episode starred someone who would go on to Hollywood fame!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
John Ritter appeared in a MASH episode.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Harrison Ford was also in The Virginian.
Lots of them in old B&W Gunsmoke. And Marshall Dillon.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Burt Reynolds Gunsmoke

It would be hard to name a bigger transition from small screen to major star than Steve McQueen in Wanted Dead or Alive. I watched a very early episode recently. The two bad guys were played by Nick Adams and Michael Landon.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I find it hard to believe Martin Landau and Barbara Bain earned a living acting if they had Space 1999 in their resume. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

...It would be hard to name a bigger transition from small screen to major star than Steve McQueen in Wanted Dead or Alive...

How about Clint Eastwood in Rawhide?

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
James Best in Andy Griffith

John Travolta in Welcome back, Kotter

Mark Hamill & Jan Michael Vincent in M*A*S*H

Dennis Weaver in Gunsmoke

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clint Eastwood as a motorcyclist in "Highway Patrol", 1956.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
Robert Redford made several early TV show appearences in the 60's.

IMDB history:

The Alfred Hitchcock Hour (TV Show)
David

The Untouchables (TV Show)
Jack Parker

Fred Astaire Theater (TV Show)
George

The Twilight Zone (TV Show)
Harold Beldon

Alfred Hitchcock Presents (TV Show)
Charlie Drew

Route 66 (TV Show)
Janosh

Perry Mason (TV Show)
Hart

Rescue 8 (TV Show)
Danny Tilford

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Bruce Willis, Miami Vice: Season 1; Episode 7.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

...It would be hard to name a bigger transition from small screen to major star than Steve McQueen in Wanted Dead or Alive...

How about Clint Eastwood in Rawhide?

Good point

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I find it hard to believe Martin Landau and Barbara Bain earned a living acting if they had Space 1999 in their resume. LOL

it's 70's cheese when watched now, but was the bomb when I was a kid!

not TV, but the first company I worked for had a safety vid that was mandatory for everyone to watch every couple years,

starring a very young Nick Nolte

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
James Elliot (Harm on JAG) on Seinfeld as a furniture mover.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Laurence Fishburne as Cowboy Curtis on Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Johnny Derp (sic) - 21 Jump Street

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Ron Howard was on the Andy Griffith show. Razz

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post