SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Early TV appearances by actors
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early TV appearances by actors Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Kurt Russell was in 15 tv shows , before he turned 15.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
More famous as a singer, but he acted sometimes: Johnny Cash in an episode of Wagon Train circa 1958-59.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
More famous as a singer, but he acted sometimes: Johnny Cash in an episode of Wagon Train circa 1958-59.

Johnny Cash was also in an episode of Columbo where he played the role of a murderous gospel singer.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Not an "early appearance" at all, but I just saw Betty-Anne (Kelly MacCormack) from Letterkenny on an episode of The Expanse. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Damn near everybody in Miami Vice. Ving Rhames, Bruce Willis etc.

Richard Pryor in the Wild Wild West.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and younger son like “Murder She Wrote”:
Andy Garcia in episode #1-billed as 1st white tough......

Relative the other posts, I always liked Miami Vice and the variety of established and on the upswing, actors that appeared. Gordon Liddy was an lol category though.
The Rockford Files also drew a good slate of guest characters. Also relative to Roger Moore on Maverick, I recall reading that Moore was cast as the English Maverick cousin when James Garner was in a contract holdout/negotiation with the studio.....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Ronald Reagan hosting Death Valley Days, before he became President.
Does that count?

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Adam West - Cheyenne, Lawman, 77 Sunset Strip

Jan Michael Vincent - Banana Splits/Danger Island (uh-oh chango!), Lassie ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Barbara Eden in Highway Patrol. Big Grin

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I was watching the movie Internal Affairs and noticed a young Elijah Wood in a scene.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the earliest things I recall seeing Tom Hanks in was the sitcom Bosom Buddies back in the early 80's. I bet he has that one buried pretty deep on his resume these days.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Marion Ross (best known as Mrs. Cunningham in Happy Days) in The Lone Ranger. Another actress to appear in this show was Frances Bavier … playing a villain. It was a little jarring to see Aunt Bee trapping the Lone Ranger and Tonto in a building and setting it on fire.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,