SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Singer/Songwriter, Hal Ketchum Health Related Retirement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Singer/Songwriter, Hal Ketchum Health Related Retirement Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Not that long ago, the early 90s, Hal Ketchum had a huge debut album, followed by more modest success. Still, he had 15, top 10 songs. He left Nashville and moved back to Texas, where he’s been ever since—fighting health issues (like a MS type illness) that paralyzed the left side of his body. Still, he slowly recovered and relearned how to sing and play guitar. Now come word from his wife that he is in an advanced stage of dementia and is done performing for good. That’s a shame, he was brilliant.

Here’s my favorite:

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a real bummer! Saw him a couple of years ago in a small club. He seemed fine. His albums are among the best.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NK402,

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Small Town Saturday Night has a spot in many of my country playlists. 90's country is the best.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Definitely an underrated talent. Loved his song Past the Point of Rescue.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when his song "Small town Saturday night" song debut.

I always thought he was a very under rated singer/song writer and he did not get the kudos that he deserved.

Heck, I heard Small Town Saturday Night this morning on my drive back to Durham from Charlotte.

That is a heck of a battle against two very ugly diseases.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Saw him some time back playing backup for Suzy Bogguss at the Birchmere. It's always a pleasure seeing talented musicians in those small venues.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post