SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    First rock band you knew all the member's names
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First rock band you knew all the member's names Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Monkees

Posts: 701 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mötley Crüe

Posts: 8 | Registered: January 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
Guns n' Roses

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
As much as I loved music as a kid growing up in the late 60s and 70s, I was much more focused on the music rather than those making it.

As I got older in the late 70s, I would say that Styx was probably the first band that I looked into deeper and knew the names of the members.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
The Ronettes.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Beatles
J Airplane
Mamas & Papas
Doors
Cream
CSN
And Karen Carpenter
oh how I miss Karen C

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Probably 'The Monkees', and Beatles as everyone else has mentioned. Probably next-up would be: Peter and Gordon, The Byrds, The Supremes, then 'The Doors'.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Discarding The Beatles and The Monkees; the first one from liner notes: The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Kinda easy with only three members.

More challenging: a band with a BUNCH of members? Chicago Transit Authority.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
The Who

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
More challenging: a band with a BUNCH of members?

Not the first, but I can still name all of the original Allman Bros. Band.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Beatles first then Credence Clearwater Revival. Cosmo's Factory was the first album I ever bought.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure it was Metallica, but there is slim chance it was The Beastie Boys.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Monkees

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
The Beatles first of course, then Dave Clark Five.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Toto.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Alice in Chains or Metallica.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
KISS,

And yes i was a member of the KISS Army when i was in grade school.

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good..Bad.. I'm the
guy with the gun.
Picture of SIGMYSTER
posted Hide Post
Van Halen.

Don't count me out till you see the box go in the hole!

Posts: 2123 | Location: N.E. OHIO | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Rush and The Beatles.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1366 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Def Leppard

Posts: 950 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post