SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Phenomenon (2020)

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Phenomenon (2020) Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted
No, not 1996 Travolta...

This is THE Phenomenon. Interesting...as they say, the truth is out there...

Probably boils down to more of a 'Lounge' question: Do you believe we're alone in the universe?

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onEXmLX2ZZQ

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4623 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” - Arthur C. Clarke

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I remember being fascinated with this topic when I was a student. As I got older not so much. But, those military "tic tac" videos are interesting. Now I admit at the end of those videos when the pilots say it just streaked out of sight at incredible speed it looks like the camera swung off of the target. What are the possibilities with those videos? BTW if you get roped into a chick flick with your significant other I highly recommend the 1996 version. Good flick.

Posts: 5954 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I like the line.. "If not, it's an awful waste of space."

Of course our linear obsessed brains have problems with the "distance".

Posts: 18031 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If life exists elsewhere in the void, there had better be wormholes or the like to circumvent the restrictions placed on us by the universal speed limit, aka- speed of light. Otherwise, it is highly unlikely we will ever meet them due to the immensely vast distances between galaxies, not to mention stars within our own Milky Way.

And there is the possibility that even in the vastness of our universe with all its potential places to harbor life, we may be the only cosmic accident that led to life. We may be truly alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...-Jy_CeCdXhMA&index=2

"Live every day as if it's going to be your last, and one day, you'll be right.”
Malachy McCourt

Posts: 12087 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9086 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Based on recent exoplanet discoveries, AI computer models assume that one-fifth of all stars have habitable planets in orbit around them. This leads them to conclude that there should be other advanced technological civilization out there, unless the chance for developing such a civilization on a habitable planet in the observable universe is less than 1 in 1024 (a 1 with 24 zeros!). For our own Milky Way galaxy, the odds of being the only technologically advanced civilization are 1 in 60 billion. Thus, it’s very likely that other intelligent, technologically advanced species evolved before us. Even if only one in every million stars hosts a technologically advanced species today, that would still yield a total of about 300,000 such civilizations in the whole galaxy.

امّا شما مشخص خواهد شد كه با همه شما را ملاقات کنند

Posts: 12475 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post