SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite one liners from the movies
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite one liners from the movies Login/Join 
posted
Raymond Burr who later played Perry Mason and Ironsides frequently portrayed scowling bad guys in film noir. He delivers a classic one liner to one member of his gang who had screwed up. He said with emphasis that "You have to study to be that stupid". What other favorite one liners have you heard from that era?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The stuff that dreams are made of".
The Maltese Falcon
"Top of the world, Ma"!
White Heat.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Not as many as you'd think" -- Men In Black

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
Boy, the last time there was a leak like this, Noah built hisself a boat. Absence of Malice.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 367 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
"You fucked up. You trusted us!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
(this may be a new record for threads like this going astray)

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
“Round up the usual suspects.” Captain Louis Renault in “Casablanca”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...nca_(film)#Misquotes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
When the bad guys have hostages in the liquor store in "The Enforcer" and after Harry Callahan has told the lieutenant of their demands for a car, the lieutenant asks Harry what he is going to to, he says:

"Give 'em one."

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thmuOuNbT_M

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You can’t handle the truth!

The Dude abides...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"You have to forgive us for the present and we have to forgive you for the past and together we can move forward white man."

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I'm like Saudi Arabia, I have a surplus of energy.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"Play it, Sam"

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Harry, please don’t understand me so fast.

-Magnificent Seven (1960)

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"How'd ya like to have a nose like that full of nickels" - The Bank Dick

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From a later time but I can relate to Tom Arnold's line from True Lies.

"Women. Can't live with 'em. Can't kill 'em."

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
"Eat my shorts!" Breakfast Club

"Mama says, 'Stupid is as stupid does.'" Forest Gump

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate." Cool Hand Luke

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" Network

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning." Apocalypse Now

"Yippie-ki-yay, motherfucker!" Die Hard

"This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." Casablanca

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
"It's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton, Big Trouble in Little China.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Candygram for Mongo" from Blazing Saddles

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
"Maybe poker's just not your game, Ike.....I know, let's have a spelling contest" - Doc Holliday, Tombstone.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
What is that coming out of her nose?

Looks like Spaceballs, sir.

Oh shit! There goes the planet.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post