SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite one liners from the movies
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite one liners from the movies Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
We're on a missing from God

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Guess it's my favorite as it is my most often used quote. While flipping my glasses down over my eyes, I quote Doc Brown.
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need [pause for effect] roads."

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
It only takes one man to make a difference...then you got to kill him to change his mind....That's the problem with democracy...

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
My friends call me Lenny. But I have no friends.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Don't worry I am not the kind to drink from a greasy cup." Thug who is rebuffed by woman he tries to seduce.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
"Tell me where John is and I'll finish you quick. I promise you won't have to find out what your left ball tastes like. But if there's even a bruise on him, I'll make this last three weeks. I'll give you a blood transfusion to keep you alive."

Posts: 1288 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
"Well, you'll find that, we share very few sentiments with our government."

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Raymond Burr who later played Perry Mason and Ironsides frequently portrayed scowling bad guys in film noir. He delivers a classic one liner to one member of his gang who had screwed up. He said with emphasis that "You have to study to be that stupid". What other favorite one liners have you heard from that era?

quote:
Originally posted by cas:
(this may be a new record for threads like this going astray)

No shit Big Grin

Double Indemnity (1944)

Phyllis (Barbara Stanwyck): I was just fixing some ice tea, would you like a glass?

Walter Neff (Fred MacMurray): Yeah, unless you got a bottle of beer that's not working

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Many of these aren't one liners.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
220, 221. Whatever it takes.

And I always thought Terri Garr was hot, but maybe that was just me

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ava Gardner in Night of the Iguana, is called a paramour by another woman, and she replies in her Southern accent," If paramour means what I think it does you are gambling with your front teeth Honey."

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scot818,

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
"The answer's nothing. I have no feeling about you one way or the other. You're like... like lint or a bottle cap. You're just a thing to remove."

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Mother of mercy, it this the end of Rico?"

"Off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush."

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
“Never pass up a good thing.”

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
This is not going to look good on a resume

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
"You don't understand how serious this is, they killed my dog" Bob Lee Swagger

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger, we got somethin' in this territory called a Missouri boat ride..."

-Josey Wales, just prior to shooting loose the mooring ropes of the river crossing ferry and sending Union troops on a ride downriver.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post