This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4120010744

November 02, 2018, 01:16 PM
rockchalk06
Favorite one liners from the movies
We're on a missing from God
November 02, 2018, 07:20 PM
SigSauerP226
Guess it's my favorite as it is my most often used quote. While flipping my glasses down over my eyes, I quote Doc Brown.
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need [pause for effect] roads."

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...
November 02, 2018, 07:29 PM
lastmanstanding
It only takes one man to make a difference...then you got to kill him to change his mind....That's the problem with democracy...

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton
November 03, 2018, 12:31 PM
AUTiger89
My friends call me Lenny. But I have no friends.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
November 03, 2018, 01:58 PM
ZSMICHAEL
"Don't worry I am not the kind to drink from a greasy cup." Thug who is rebuffed by woman he tries to seduce.
November 03, 2018, 02:44 PM
Boards don't hit back

Q

November 03, 2018, 03:12 PM
rizzle
"Tell me where John is and I'll finish you quick. I promise you won't have to find out what your left ball tastes like. But if there's even a bruise on him, I'll make this last three weeks. I'll give you a blood transfusion to keep you alive."
November 04, 2018, 01:46 AM
eTripper
"Well, you'll find that, we share very few sentiments with our government."

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch
November 04, 2018, 09:26 AM
oddball
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Raymond Burr who later played Perry Mason and Ironsides frequently portrayed scowling bad guys in film noir. He delivers a classic one liner to one member of his gang who had screwed up. He said with emphasis that "You have to study to be that stupid". What other favorite one liners have you heard from that era?

quote:
Originally posted by cas:
(this may be a new record for threads like this going astray)

No shit Big Grin

Double Indemnity (1944)

Phyllis (Barbara Stanwyck): I was just fixing some ice tea, would you like a glass?

Walter Neff (Fred MacMurray): Yeah, unless you got a bottle of beer that's not working

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
November 04, 2018, 12:03 PM
Floyd D. Barber
Many of these aren't one liners.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

November 04, 2018, 09:41 PM
dgrdvm
220, 221. Whatever it takes.

And I always thought Terri Garr was hot, but maybe that was just me

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin
November 05, 2018, 08:19 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Ava Gardner in Night of the Iguana, is called a paramour by another woman, and she replies in her Southern accent," If paramour means what I think it does you are gambling with your front teeth Honey."
November 05, 2018, 10:46 PM
kkina

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
November 06, 2018, 10:29 AM
scot818

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scot818,
November 06, 2018, 11:38 PM
eTripper
"The answer's nothing. I have no feeling about you one way or the other. You're like... like lint or a bottle cap. You're just a thing to remove."

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch
November 07, 2018, 12:03 AM
Sgt Neutron
"Mother of mercy, it this the end of Rico?"

"Off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush."
November 07, 2018, 11:01 AM
JWF
“Never pass up a good thing.”

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry
November 07, 2018, 11:47 AM
nhtagmember
This is not going to look good on a resume

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

November 09, 2018, 09:28 AM
florida boy
"You don't understand how serious this is, they killed my dog" Bob Lee Swagger

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry
November 09, 2018, 11:24 AM
slabsides45
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger, we got somethin' in this territory called a Missouri boat ride..."

-Josey Wales, just prior to shooting loose the mooring ropes of the river crossing ferry and sending Union troops on a ride downriver.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers