SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Wes Studi awarded honorary Oscar
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wes Studi awarded honorary Oscar Login/Join 
posted
You've seen Wes Studi, you just may not know it. Here's the article about his award:

https://oklahoman.com/article/...and-qorianka-kilcher

This bio is easier to read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Studi

I remember the scene in "Heat" when he loads a pump shotgun like he does it all day long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGym1iVaWoY

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Solid actor getting some long-due recognition. I surely haven't seen him in everything he's done, but everything I've seen him in, he performs along with the best.

His performance in Heat was perfect. Same with Dances With Wolves, a film I loved when I was young that I feel differently about the message of now, but he was absolutely fearsome in his role.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well deserved. He should have been nominated for The Last of the Mohicans.
Vietnam Vet, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
He should have been nominated for The Last of the Mohicans.

Without question.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, he's got a great voice.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Always admired him as an actor. First picture in my mind is Studi as a Pawnee in “Dances With Wolves.”

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
His portrayal of "Magua" (or however you spell it) in Last/Mohicans was one of the 10 greatest villain roles of all time. As far as drama goes, there is none better (ESPECIALLY the last 5-10 minutes of the 'Promontory Chase' where nobody really speaks.

I also enjoyed him in Street Fighter (as the one-eyed crime boss, Sagat) and in Mystery Men as the "Blue Sphynx." These last two showed me he could take a goofy role and excel in it.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
About bloody time!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Well deserved. Congrats Wes

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I also enjoyed him in Street Fighter (as the one-eyed crime boss, Sagat) and in Mystery Men as the "Blue Sphynx." These last two showed me he could take a goofy role and excel in it.

You're mixing up a couple of characters from Mystery Men. The Blue Raja was Hank Azaria's character. Wes Studi was the Sphinx. He's terribly mysterious.

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 645 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Wes!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's terribly mysterious.

And he can cut guns in half with his mind.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well deserved! I only saw him in Dances With Wolves, The Last of the Mohicans, and Hostiles...thought he did a REALLY great job in all three.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
He should have been nominated for The Last of the Mohicans.

Without question.

yeah he was a heckuva nemesis in that one -- incredible portrayal

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post