New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knightfall Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Maybe because I'm tired... dunno. But this new History Ch show just isn't stirring much response from me.

It followed Vikings so I thought I'd give it a view. But as said "meh" so far....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I watched it. It was ok but not necessarily good. I was whelmed.

Having recently gotten into medieval fighting(sca), it really irks me seeing guys in combat without at least having their chain armor covering their head when going into battle, and when they do, no padding under it.

Just like watching gun errors in shows with guns.

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
Just like watching gun errors in shows with guns.

What would be the medieval equivalent to the “Glock hammer cock” sound here? Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Maybe this:

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Too much cut and slash, followed by too much cut and slash.

Reason I quit following Vikings, each and every show was a butcher shop free for all.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Dying of boredom, I might watch the next episode. Otherwise, MEH!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
I recorded it and started watching but didn't get very far as the bed was calling. My initial impressions aren't good as I don't like the action sequences where they focus on the face. Seems to cartoonish. If it were a photo I'd say the clarity/contrast was overdone. This, I guess, poor cinematography was also highlighted with the camera in the helmet during the initial counter attack at the wall. Just plain stupid. I'll give it a chance as I like these (semi) historical shows.

Posts: 272 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post