New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bone Tomahawk Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted
Finally got around to watching this after it languishing on my Amazon Prime Playlist.

What a creepy and kind of disturbing movie though I thought it was an interesting blend on Western-frontier-horror.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Very intense movie. Eek

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Finally got around to watching this after it languishing on my Amazon Prime Playlist.

What a creepy and kind of disturbing movie though I thought it was an interesting blend on Western-frontier-horror.

This was my EXACT reaction when I watched it. At one point, actually curious if this type of primitive Indian tribe might have actually existed, I did a little cursory research and found an interview with the movie director where he admits that it was a fictional tribe that he created as a plot device to achieve a Western/Horror story.

Disturbing but creative.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
Very well acted B level movie.
But, very creepy.

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
agree with all the above

enjoyed it - was definitely different blend of genres.

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
The plausible inbreeding/disfigurement as well as the supernatural calls added to my horror.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has actually climbed to be a favorite of mine. Its not my all time favorite but when I'm in a western mood and a horror mood its a darn good one. Great acting, a bit slow which is on purpose I feel and some of what I imagine are the most realistic action sequences as far as being on the wrong side of an ambush in those times.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I couldn't believe Kurt Russel would appear in this movie. I am disappointed in myself for wasting the time watching the entire thing.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I loved that movie. It was NOT what I was suspecting, but I was thoroughly entertained.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I couldn't believe Kurt Russel would appear in this movie. I am disappointed in myself for wasting the time watching the entire thing.

Same here.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

Same here.

We are different people, I loved him in it personally.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man. I had just unremembered the scene where the guy is slaughtered and ripped in half.

That was a little rough and outside my comfort zone as far a horror movie material goes.

Except for that part I liked the movie.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikito:
Man. I had just unremembered the scene where the guy is slaughtered and ripped in half.

That was a little rough and outside my comfort zone as far a horror movie material goes.

Except for that part I liked the movie.

I concur.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night.

Had alittle trouble falling asleep............. Eek

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Also watched it last night.

Interesting movie. Gore didn't bother me though.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I finished watching this last night. I thought it was a really good movie.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Strange damn movie

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Lili Simmons is in this! That’s reason enough to give it a go.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I watched the trailer but still a bit confused on the type of movie.
Is this going to appeal to the "Saw" movie(s) type rather than the western type?
If so not for me, not a Saw movie fan.
However, I do love a good western.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post