Notify
Tools

Bone Tomahawk Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
Lili Simmons is in this! That’s reason enough to give it a go.

Um, no, no it's not.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I watched the trailer but still a bit confused on the type of movie.
Is this going to appeal to the "Saw" movie(s) type rather than the western type?
If so not for me, not a Saw movie fan.
However, I do love a good western.

Not a classic western for sure.

Some gratuitous gore.

Probably More a horror/suspense/thriller blend in a Western-frontier setting

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
I just watched this for the first time. It was a good flick, disturbing, but good. It reminded me of some of the pulp western horror/fiction written by Robert E. Howard or Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gore was completely unnecessary, it ruined what could have been a good movie.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of sdf
posted Hide Post
Same guy who did Brawl in Cell Block 99.

He loves his gore. And Bone Tomahawk, good or bad, certainly has some images that stuck with me. It's a very cruel movie.

Posts: 7139 | Location: Nevada | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone who saw the flick stay for this gem at the end ?

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Started watching it thinking it was a typical Western. Was a little weirded out as it went along, but stuck with it. Then some dude got chopped in half crotch first, and I thought "WTF!?!" Ended up finishing it because it was almost over at that point....but WTF???

Posts: 8416 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I can't understand how anyone could like this movie. It was horrible in every aspect IMO.

"The best western since Unforgiven"? GMAFB. Roll Eyes

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It wasn't what I expected I must say. But I liked it. After watching it my main thought was. "Getting shot with one of those arrows must really hurt." I mean, bullets are bad enough, but that gross arrow must have so many germs on them and then it's stuck in you. Awful. Oh, and yeah, the cannibalism was also bad.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw this last night with my collegiate son. Interesting, pretty original, and some great acting and dialogue. Pacing problems to be sure, which is my only really knock (but it is a big knock). I enjoyed it.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I liked it. But I am fine with and enjoy gratuitous gore and violence in a movie. Just needed more female nudity.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Creepy movie. Not one I'd buy / rewatch.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
After reading this post I watched it. Glad I didn't read through all the comments here or it would've been a bit of a spoiler.

I enjoyed it. Not sure I'd watch it again, but I rarely watch movies a second time.

After Bone tomahawk I continued on the western theme and watched Stagecoach: The Texas Jack Story with Trace Adkins. Now that was a bad movie. I turned it off with a few minutes left... I couldn't even make it to the end. Don't waste your time.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post