SIGforum
Bone Tomahawk

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4090025834

March 02, 2018, 06:56 PM
jjkroll32
Bone Tomahawk
Finally got around to watching this after it languishing on my Amazon Prime Playlist.

What a creepy and kind of disturbing movie though I thought it was an interesting blend on Western-frontier-horror.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
March 02, 2018, 07:13 PM
Bigboreshooter
Very intense movie. Eek

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

March 02, 2018, 08:09 PM
dave7378
Enjoyed it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
March 02, 2018, 10:34 PM
Modern Day Savage
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Finally got around to watching this after it languishing on my Amazon Prime Playlist.

What a creepy and kind of disturbing movie though I thought it was an interesting blend on Western-frontier-horror.

This was my EXACT reaction when I watched it. At one point, actually curious if this type of primitive Indian tribe might have actually existed, I did a little cursory research and found an interview with the movie director where he admits that it was a fictional tribe that he created as a plot device to achieve a Western/Horror story.

Disturbing but creative.
March 02, 2018, 11:25 PM
TAP
Very well acted B level movie.
But, very creepy.
March 03, 2018, 08:01 AM
Sig209
agree with all the above

enjoyed it - was definitely different blend of genres.

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
March 03, 2018, 02:08 PM
jjkroll32
The plausible inbreeding/disfigurement as well as the supernatural calls added to my horror.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
March 03, 2018, 03:58 PM
Anubismp
This has actually climbed to be a favorite of mine. Its not my all time favorite but when I'm in a western mood and a horror mood its a darn good one. Great acting, a bit slow which is on purpose I feel and some of what I imagine are the most realistic action sequences as far as being on the wrong side of an ambush in those times.
March 04, 2018, 07:14 AM
lastmanstanding
I couldn't believe Kurt Russel would appear in this movie. I am disappointed in myself for wasting the time watching the entire thing.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton
March 04, 2018, 09:38 AM
bubbatime
I loved that movie. It was NOT what I was suspecting, but I was thoroughly entertained.

March 04, 2018, 12:19 PM
AUTiger89
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I couldn't believe Kurt Russel would appear in this movie. I am disappointed in myself for wasting the time watching the entire thing.

Same here.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
March 04, 2018, 05:25 PM
Anubismp
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

Same here.

We are different people, I loved him in it personally.
March 04, 2018, 06:40 PM
Mikito
Man. I had just unremembered the scene where the guy is slaughtered and ripped in half.

That was a little rough and outside my comfort zone as far a horror movie material goes.

Except for that part I liked the movie.
March 04, 2018, 08:36 PM
Vgex
quote:
Originally posted by Mikito:
Man. I had just unremembered the scene where the guy is slaughtered and ripped in half.

That was a little rough and outside my comfort zone as far a horror movie material goes.

Except for that part I liked the movie.

I concur.
March 05, 2018, 08:59 PM
motoboy
Watched it last night.

Had alittle trouble falling asleep............. Eek
March 05, 2018, 09:09 PM
chongosuerte
Also watched it last night.

Interesting movie. Gore didn't bother me though.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones
March 08, 2018, 07:05 AM
Fire Away
I finished watching this last night. I thought it was a really good movie.
March 10, 2018, 02:54 AM
SIG228
Strange damn movie
March 10, 2018, 05:38 AM
G-Man
Lili Simmons is in this! That’s reason enough to give it a go.
March 10, 2018, 08:13 AM
smschulz
I watched the trailer but still a bit confused on the type of movie.
Is this going to appeal to the "Saw" movie(s) type rather than the western type?
If so not for me, not a Saw movie fan.
However, I do love a good western.