SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    When Heroes Fly (10-part Israeli drama on Netflix)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When Heroes Fly (10-part Israeli drama on Netflix) Login/Join 
posted
My wife and I just finished this 10-part, expertly produced and acted Israeli drama of 4 ex-IDF soldiers who travel to Columbia to search for a missing and presumed dead love interest who is the sister of one of the soliders, when she is spotted by one of the soldiers who lives in Bogata.

Starts with a flashback from the 2006 invasion of southern Lebanon, which started about a week after a my family and I left Israel on a vacation and family trip. My 22 YO son is moving to Israel to become an IDF "Lone Soldier" in August.

Really well done show, we watched in Hebrew (and some Spanish) with English subtitles. Anyhow, I will admit it drags on a bit, but it is an excellent watch for those looking for something different on Netflix.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Good so far, but I'm having a hard time picturing even former IDF reservists taking those offered weapons without a "That's it? Just one magazine????"

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. There are some places and events that strain credulity, and as I noted, it starts to drag (10 episodes could have been 8).

But I wanted to recommend it as being much better than so much dreck on TV and Netflix these days. The actor who plasys "Himmler" is the lead character on Netflix "Shtisl," which is an amazing show, but definitely not for everyone.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post