SIGforum
EDC music, what is your musical selection?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4080007754

June 10, 2019, 09:35 AM
0-0
EDC music, what is your musical selection?
Wanted to know what most of you favor.Your pick are mostlyWhole albums(Personal) Favorite songsBest of / Greatest hitsLive albums

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
June 10, 2019, 09:38 AM
smschulz
Whole LP's only but prefer Live ones on many occasions.
A full live album is like going to a concert without the headaches and now days the exorbitant cost.
June 10, 2019, 10:19 AM
vinnybass
When acronyms become confusing...EDC music is a genre...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Daisy_Carnival

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."
June 10, 2019, 10:26 AM
f2
Bach's Goldberg Variations, Glenn Gould 1981 recording.
June 10, 2019, 11:20 AM
apprentice
As I mostly listen to music through ear buds and only when mowing or working out anymore, I picked personal favorite songs.

Never ceases to amaze me how so much music can be crammed into so little space on modern devices.
June 10, 2019, 02:55 PM
P250UA5
Streaming: Shuffle on a specific artist, or personal playlist.

The Enemy's gate is down.
June 10, 2019, 04:39 PM
Orguss
I mostly just stream EDM, but when I like a track I'll buy it and add it to a playlist I created from favorites. With certain DJs, I always automatically buy their EP albums but rarely, if ever, do I get a singles album.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
June 10, 2019, 05:12 PM
1967Goat
Mixed Tape.

This is my mixed tape for her. It's like I wrote, every note, with my own fingers...

June 10, 2019, 05:58 PM
0-0
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
When acronyms become confusing...EDC music is a genre...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Daisy_Carnival

Thank you very much for expanding my education.
Lacking proper immersion, I absorb as much as possible from reading, listening and watching movies. Would you believe that I dont get that movie at all? Much as I try, I simply don't get it.

Find the guy an excellent and underappreciated actor. Patinkin has been very good at everything i've seen him play.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
June 15, 2019, 02:50 AM
chongosuerte
My kid drug me into some weird store the other day.

They had real cheap CDs. My Jeep has a CD player. Waiting for him I figured “Why not?”

Left with AC/DC, Metallica, Simon and Garfunkel, and Creedance Clearwater Revival albums.

Along with the Johnny Cash CD I already kept in the Jeep, that covers several of my bases Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones
June 15, 2019, 06:23 AM
TheFrontRange
I’m all over the map with regard to music, ranging a times from classical to epic to ‘90s hip-hop to classic rock and even bluegrass...or bagpipes! Just depends on the mood.

It’s rare that I’ll listen to a full album in its entirely these days. The closest I’ll come is U2’s The Joshua Tree album. That is at or near my peak-favorite album overall, with “In God’s Country” my favorite track.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
June 18, 2019, 10:38 AM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I’m all over the map with regard to music, ranging a times from classical to epic to ‘90s hip-hop to classic rock and even bluegrass...or bagpipes! Just depends on the mood.

It’s rare that I’ll listen to a full album in its entirely these days. The closest I’ll come is U2’s The Joshua Tree album. That is at or near my peak-favorite album overall, with “In God’s Country” my favorite track.

ditto, mostly,

I keep a handful of CD's in the car, an Ipod hooked up (usually on shuffle, now it is playing in alphabetical order) as well as stream thru the phone (utube or pandora)
I also have a thumbdrive loaded as well

and one decent local radio station

so basically I play a mix, unless a CD is in, I'll then listen to a complete album (Numan's The Pleasure Principle is in now)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

June 19, 2019, 03:46 PM
just1tym
I have loaded currently a favorite playlist of 17hrs of my favorites comprised of music from Windham Hill collections, rock, pop, from the oldies to recent on my iPhone. I connect via Bluetooth to the car and my headphones or my MacBook. I never get tired of hearing all my favorites through the years. I doubt I've yet to hear all of the songs recorded yet, but can if I manually select it from the list, otherwise I just let the music selection shuffle.

Regards, Will G.