SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Indiana Jones movies — do they hold up?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Indiana Jones movies — do they hold up? Login/Join 
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I think Raiders and The Last Crusade hold up. Temple sucks and Crystal Skull should never have been made.

This is how I feel as well.

As for a new one, after the recent Star Wars efforts, forgive me if I don't hold my breath on a decent Indy remake. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
The first one is the best, by far. the second one is the worst, by far - The girl screams the whole time, the kid is obnoxious as hell, and there's no nazis to watch get fucked up.
Even the crystal skull one is better than Temple.
The Last Crusade is okay, but Connery's character gets a little old pretty fast, but it fits the story well.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Just watched Raiders, probably the second time I've seen the whole thing.
I had forgotten how much of a part Karen Allen had, and how really luscious she was then.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I had forgotten how much of a part Karen Allen had, and how really luscious she was then.

If she would have just stopped yelling "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNDDDDDYYYYYYY!!!!!"

Fingernails on a chalkboard.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I just watched Raiders... again last night after not having seen it since it was in the theater. I enjoyed it. I think it's held up really well.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

If she would have just stopped yelling "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNDDDDDYYYYYYY!!!!!"

Apparently he thought THAT was the part of the film that really worked, so he doubled down on it in Temple of Doom. Annoying woman AND an annoying kid. Roll Eyes

I sort of re-watched Raiders last night for the umpteenth dozenth time.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

I'd fuck her hard enough and long enough to make her yell "JJJJJIIIIIMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY" Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I was just agreeing with the doc that I also found her to be attractive. Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
She does have a great smile! Big Grin