SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Succession is the best series on televsision currently
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Succession is the best series on televsision currently Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Season 2 is closing down. Roy is a CEO of a large multi-media and news business akin to Fox News. The show revolves around him, his business dealings, and more importantly his successors, his children, and everyone is scheming and back stabbing constantly. The amount of "Fucks" that Roy uses are getting up there with Swearingen. If you haven't seen this series give it a shot. For me and my money it's the best series on in years. The writing is some of the best I've seen in a series and the cast is totally solid.

https://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-b...ew-peep-show-2546203

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My wife and LOVE this show.

Just waiting to see what happens.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
No argument from me. Kieran Culkin is surprisingly good.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:

Have you heard anything about big shit on the shitvine? Big Grin

He is making the show for me along with the Matthew Macfadyen. And Brian Fox drops so many Fucks, and I don’t give a fuck and “fuck off”. I swear he is swearingen reincarnate. I haven’t had as many laughs or had to rewind so many times since Deadwood. Season 2 is definitely a severe increase in everything across the board. Season 1 was great but season 2 is on another level.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

Have you heard anything about big shit on the shitvine? Big Grin

He is making the show for me along with the Matthew Macfadyen. And Brian Fox drops so many Fucks, and I don’t give a fuck and “fuck off”. I swear he is swearingen reincarnate. I haven’t had as many laughs or had to rewind so many times since Deadwood. Season 2 is definitely a severe increase in everything across the board. Season 1 was great but season 2 is on another level.

Brian Cox.....he really caught me off guard with the language. It was like seeing my grandad drop “fuck off”s. Big Grin

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
Brian Cox played the role of Hannibal Lector in the 1986 movie Red Dragon. I had to look it up to be sure. Quite the range of characters.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Brian Cox.....he really caught me off guard with the language. It was like seeing my grandad drop “fuck off”s. Big Grin

My favorite was a couple of episodes ago, definitely this season. He says “Why don’t you go take your library card and FUCK OFF”

Big Grin

Oh I was crying man. He drops it so subtle, I mean it’s out of no where just nonchalant, then fuck off!

Roman Roy too. He invites Shib over for dinner. She starts giving him the business about it and retorts “Fucking metro poseur bullshit. Ooooh napkins and chit chat. Race relations. Kale.” I laughed so hard I recorded that on the phone and sent it to a bunch of people to get them interested and it didn’t take. It’s part drama but it’s really black comedy at its’ finest. I turn it on and basically say who is going to get fucked over this episode because literally every episode someone is getting it. Everyone on the cast provides comedic relief, even Greg.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Brian Cox is a great actor. He was funny in Frasier.

He was awesome as the director in the video game Manhunt.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Really great show. Season 2 is even better than season 1, imo. Logan needed to be more vulnerable in order to create real drama.

The Tom and Greg relationship is fantastic.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The finale was brilliant. My favorite lines from Roy during the finale.

What the fuck was that?

He at my fucking chicken.

So what next? Stick his cock into my potato salad?

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

The Tom and Greg relationship is fantastic.

I agree, but I continue to wonder what exactly does Greg do? Seems he's kind of a hanger-oner, and I know he's supposed to be Toms assistant, but I've never seen him actually do anything.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
His Grandfather is Roy’s brother. He was doing nothing living at home with his mom when he decided to use his family connects to get a job at Waystar. He then became Tom’s little bitch at the company.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
His Grandfather is Roy’s brother. He was doing nothing living at home with his mom when he decided to use his family connects to get a job at Waystar. He then became Tom’s little bitch at the company.

I pretty much knew he was a distant relative, but still, no real daily duties... and how much does he get paid? Not so much since when Tom got him that nice apartment he had nothing to furnish it with.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched the finale of season 2...I'm hooked. Stuck in a hotel room doing spreadsheets and I had to stop to watch the rest. All the dialogue on that massive yacht was great, now I need to watch the rest of it.

Sails out, Nails out

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Just watched the finale of season 2...I'm hooked. Stuck in a hotel room doing spreadsheets and I had to stop to watch the rest. All the dialogue on that massive yacht was great, now I need to watch the rest of it.

Sails out, Nails out

My FIL has a really nice motor yacht (nothing like the show, mind you, but still very nice) and my wife and I both loved that line and are planning on getting him maybe a welcome mat for the boat with that on it.

The show is just fantastic. It's really well-written and acted. Kendall and Roman, especially, are really excellent characters. Logan found a lot more depth for me this season. Shiv is a sociopath... easily the worst of the bunch, imo. Tom/Greg cracks me up constantly.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Sails out, Nails out

My FIL has a really nice motor yacht (nothing like the show, mind you, but still very nice) and my wife and I both loved that line and are planning on getting him maybe a welcome mat for the boat with that on it.

The show is just fantastic. It's really well-written and acted. Kendall and Roman, especially, are really excellent characters. Logan found a lot more depth for me this season. Shiv is a sociopath... easily the worst of the bunch, imo. Tom/Greg cracks me up constantly.

Benign fungus should be the title of my memoir Big Grin

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Just wrapped up Season 2 and enjoyed them both. The verbal banter is classic.

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can't glean much from the official website,

is it all about lying ,cheating stealing , thieving, corrupting and deception ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

well, it's on HBO, so yes.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

It's about a Patriarch running a media conglomerate that owns news stations, media outlets, theme parks,etc... an extremely large billion dollar company. Patriarch is getting up there in years, and has recent medical issues. The show is about the succession of him running his company, and the handover to the 3 kids (make that 4 but the 4th really isn't involved in the business) with each vying and scheming to be the new CEO. The children are at each other's throats, each wanting "the throne", and all the scheming, back stabbing, and general fuck overs every episode. It's some of the best writing in recent memory of a series, and it's well acted and directed. The cast is one of those once in a long while types where the cast as a whole, just fits like a puzzle. There is a lot of cursing (a la Deadwood) and a lot of people getting fucked over, backstabbing, blindsiding, etc. Season 1 was excellent, season 2 is award winning. Given the current economic and political position our country is in, this series is a big f u to a lot of things.