SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dark Age of Camelot is still going on?!?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dark Age of Camelot is still going on?!? Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
I was bored so I called up EA's Origin website to see if they had any deals going on in which I might be interested. To my surprise, I found they were selling money packs for DAoC, so I Googled DAoC and found the website still active. Apparently, Mythic is still supporting this game--even continuing to patch the game. The graphics, however, seem to be what they were back in 2003.

I am seriously tempted to rejoin the game...

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
If it's something you played in the past, I can see the temptation to revisit.

I have fond memories of the original Everquest. If it was still around and the price was right, I might revisit for the hell of it.

Graphics are what they are. They are down the list of what makes a good game but they can be hard to go back to after all the eye candy we now get.

But I also wonder what the game population is.

I did a recent needed new computer build and decided to check out Wow's newer graphics. Starting all over, I'm into the 70's w/ two toons and it has it's moments. I can quit anytime.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I remember DAoC...I played Asheron's Call, whose servers were just shut down earlier this year....I spent weeks of my life in that game....I believe, for now, it was the longest running mmorpg

Sounds like daoc might catch up though

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I remember DAoC...I played Asheron's Call, whose servers were just shut down earlier this year....I spent weeks of my life in that game....I believe, for now, it was the longest running mmorpg

Sounds like daoc might catch up though

A group also had a reboot of DAOC called Uthgard. What server on AC? I’d love a reboot of that one from 1999.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I was on thistledown

i wish I had kept in touch with some of those guys. For a few years I had guys in places like Detroit, philly, San Francisco etc that I would talk to outside of the game regularly from savannah

But then people finished school, I had kids, etc etc and we all lost touch

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Every few months I read an article that makes me want to re-up and see if my toons are still hanging around on Everquest.

Or WoW.

I know the feeling you're having.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Man, I loved DAoC. Best game I ever played.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Likewise. I loved the RvR system, and the wife and I would bring a pair of healers to the fight that could coordinate like no other. Any other mmo is just a grind now, I’ve given up on most games. Just some War Robots on the iPad sometimes.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post