SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul season 3 Login/Join 
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
I was really impressed by the actor playing Howard, especially at the very end. I believe he's normally a comedic actor, so yet again we have BB/BCS having comedy guys successfully doing drama.

Chuck suing HHM is kind of a microcosm of his life. He rants at Jimmy that he (Jimmy) hurts everyone around him. Well that's true, but Jimmy does it because he needs to be liked, and he's a screwup who cuts corners. Chuck hurts everyone around him as well, except he does it because he needs to be 'right'.

That scene with Howard and Chuck, when Howard says "You win" was brilliant. The walk of shame magnified it - Chuck is being forced to face what he *is*. Doesn't end well.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I like how Howard is played. The final episode clarifies who he actually is. I got the impression before he was a "bad" guy but he paid for kim's law school. He pushed for Saul's promotion in the firm. He accommodated Chuck's eccentrities of not having electronic devices around. He paid off Chuck using his own money.

All along, he was just a guy doing the right thing as he saw it and much of it he was right.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like how Howard is played. The final episode clarifies who he actually is. I got the impression before he was a "bad" guy but he paid for kim's law school. He pushed for Saul's promotion in the firm. He accommodated Chuck's eccentrities of not having electronic devices around. He paid off Chuck using his own money.

Yes. I enjoyed that as well. People in real life are often hard to figure out. I at times have had the incorrect perception of others and their motives, only to be proven wrong later when they do something I was not expecting. Great show, great character development.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Chuck would leave nothing to Jimmy. He probably left it to a scholarship fund for impoverished law students.

I may be the only one who thinks so, but Better Call Saul is so much better than Breaking Bad.

I don't think so. There are some episodes of Better call saul that are VERY slow going. Breaking bad had a lot more action and crazy stuff going on.....it was a lot more unpredictable.....better call Saul is a little too predictable because you know 5 years out from BB.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I just watched the first two episodes of FARGO. I wasn't aware until I recognized him, but Bob Oldenkirk plays a bumbling policeman/chief in Bemidji, MN. LOL

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
OK...Gonna resurrect this thread from the dead and Necropost on this one, but what in the hell happened to this show?? Has it been cancelled or are they gonna run (what I would presume to be) the last season??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently the final season will start filming this month - no official release date yet.

Posts: 81 | Location: Springfield. USA | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post