SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul season 3 Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I think old Chuck was working hard to put his "illness" behind him so he can get back to a normal life...Howard (Kim's scolding had an effect on him) is going to slap that progress back down...Chuck is fragile after being exposed as a nut job by Jimmy's trial. I've been thinking...something is going to happen to Kim and I wonder what part Chuck will play in her exit (and maybe Chuck himself)...

I'm looking forward to see how this ends.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think as Jimmy get closer to going full-on Saul, Kim will bail out to preserve her own morality. But it is possible Jimmy could do something to harm her and cause her to be forced out. I hope that doesn't happen, because I like Kim, but Jimmy doesn't seem to be headed to a good place. And it is also possible that Chuck/HLM gets enough dirt on Jimmy and can paint Kim with it.

I think it is the first option, though. Kim, reluctantly bails on Jimmy as he falls into Saul-ness.

(Ever wonder if becoming "Saul" is a reverse biblical, Saul/Paul reference?)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had "slip" last week...tonight we have "fall"...looking forward to it Smile

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Clearly Kim is having some severe anxiety issues as she takes on too much to handle and acts invulnerable to the pressure...it'll be interesting to see where this leads, but I suspect it won't be to a good place.

It's an interesting dichotomy to see everyone around Jimmy falling apart -- Kim, Chuck (though he would of course insist he's, in fact, improving), etc. -- as they try to be something they're not, while Jimmy appears to be thriving as he progressively assumes his Saul persona that fits him like a glove.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Yeah Kim is busting her ass doing intelligent legal stuff and is cracking under the stress. Mostly self-imposed, but still there.

Meanwhile Jimmy is doing sleazy manipulation tactics and rolls in with a huge payout.

So, will Hector just end up having a full-blown stroke since his meds have been switched?

Only one episode left this season? Crap.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I see nothing good coming from Jimmy's antics with the Sandpiper Crossing women and their law suit. He obviously keeps/gets back his law license since he had that in BB, but probably no cash. With Kim now probably loosing the oil guy's business and maybe her main client as well, she'll be done with Jimmy... Enter Saul.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how soon I can expect this season to appear on Netflix?

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I am thinking that Jimmy uses the Sandpiper payout to set up Saul's practice we see in BB. 1 mil does not go that far when you have to buy your own place.

quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
I see nothing good coming from Jimmy's antics with the Sandpiper Crossing women and their law suit. He obviously keeps/gets back his law license since he had that in BB, but probably no cash. With Kim now probably loosing the oil guy's business and maybe her main client as well, she'll be done with Jimmy... Enter Saul.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
It seems there are too many things going on with each subplot for them to wrap this season up and give much viewer gratification.

I don't see much of anything going on with Mike and Gus in the next episode. Looks like more of a setup for next season for him.

Poor Kim. Works so hard and stays on the straight and narrow and is fed a big shit sandwich for her efforts. I don't see a quick recovery from this.

Chuck and Howard- this could get very interesting but I don't think there is enough time to get it resolved.

Hopefully we see something big with Nacho and Hector. Taking a shot at a twist here - Nacho's Dad somehow is directly responsible for Hector ending up in a state of disrepair.

Jimmy - who knows where this goes for the season finale. He could be the hero or the zero, or both. Mrs. BRL and I both thought what he did to set up Irene was pretty low, proving greed can turn him into a real shitbird.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Those rocks kept Kim from going downhill really fast for about 200 yards.

Jimmy really is a dick. Gotta see his point a little when he stands to make a million something from the settlement and he's broke.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I really didn't feel that bad when he was working the old ladies. He really needs money to survive and he has tried everything else available to him. This really is his case, and he deserves to get some money from it. Those ladies in the home seem to be doing alright for themselves financially while he is driving that crap box car that doesn't even start sometimes.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really didn't feel that bad when he was working the old ladies. He really needs money to survive and he has tried everything else available to him. This really is his case, and he deserves to get some money from it. Those ladies in the home seem to be doing alright for themselves financially while he is driving that crap box car that doesn't even start sometimes.

Moral flexibility. Pryce has it as well, when he asks Mike if he is bad for selling drugs and whether that makes him a criminal. Enjoy the depths of the characters in the show.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
With Kim now probably loosing the oil guy's business . . .
Well, maybe she'll just tighten his business, and all will be fine.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Chuck cray.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Chuck cray.

Chuck dead. (Probably)

Jimmy Buffet

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:

Chuck dead. (Probably)

If so, he sure leaves Jimmy hanging. That had to make a mark.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ripley,

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Is it the bug that Mike hides inside the front door that he replaced, causing the electric drain that Chuck is sensing?

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Is it the bug that Mike hides inside the front door that he replaced, causing the electric drain that Chuck is sensing?

Those wouldn't be wired to the house circuit.

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Chuck cray.

Indeed. That house destruction scene was a powerful, dark moment, the madness that he plunged into after losing HHM, his life's achievement and the endgoal of his (temporary) recovery, and then effectively severing his ties with Jimmy by telling him he never mattered much to him. One has to wonder if he told Jimmy that to hurt him one last time, or so that his apparent suicide would perhaps hurt Jimmy less.

Either way, McKean's a helluva actor. I hope he'll be back...but he likely may not, given that that familial loss does help set the scene for Jimmy's progression into Saul.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
McKean was excellent as Chuck McGill. He should get an Emmy. Odenkirk is also excellent, but McKean probably outdid him.