SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul season 3 Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
Starts 4/10/17 10/9c AMC

Some info and trailers

Enter Gus

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Love that show.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I'm pumped. Hoping they step it up this season. Last season was kinda sleepy.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed some of the background filling they did in the first 2 seasons. I'm looking forward to the cross-over/connecting the dots that will go on in the 3rd.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Underwhelming premiere to season 3. I know they have to set the stage, get some balls rolling but still, a long time to wait for THAT.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Underwhelming premiere to season 3. I know they have to set the stage, get some balls rolling but still, a long time to wait for THAT.

Yeah not too much really happened-- just a lot of set up. I did enjoy the B/W beginning with our protagonist still looking over his shoulder. I've a feeling we'll see more of this post BB story. Mike working on discovering the tracking device kept my interest.

I forgot how many long commercial breaks AMC forces on the viewer. I'll only watch prerecorded from now on.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I liked the season premier just fine. To me BCS is about soaking up the details, since it's such as finely crafted show. I'm glad I watched the replay of the finale of season 2 which aired right before, as it made for a completely seamless transition to season 3.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted April 11, 2017 05:34 PM Hide Post
I liked the season premier just fine. To me BCS is about soaking up the details, since it's such as finely crafted show. I'm glad I watched the replay of the finale of season 2 which aired right before, as it made for a completely seamless transition to season 3.

I agree. The show like few others has complex character development and conflict. The verbal interactions with the Air Force Captain were entertaining. Thanking the Captain for his service was an unexpected and entertaining response.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Love this show. So glad it's back! It is a slow burn that is for sure but I have no problem with that.

What is Chuck going to do with the tape?

the opening scene timeline is after breaking bad? I can never keep that straight.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
the opening scene timeline is after breaking bad? I can never keep that straight.

Correct. It's after he's had to go into a criminal's version of the Witness Protection Program; a new home far from the old, new identity, new job, etc.

Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Chuck is a conniving asshole. It almost seemed like he made sure that Ernie heard part of the tape. Actually the most incriminating part. I thought I detected a smirk on his jerk face.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
Chuck is a conniving asshole. It almost seemed like he made sure that Ernie heard part of the tape. Actually the most incriminating part. I thought I detected a smirk on his jerk face.

Totally. Having Ernie bring batteries for the tape player was a ruse. In addition to the smirk, Chuck did a flip-catch of the tongs - something to show he felt like he was on his game, rather than shaken and upset, as he was the moment prior. He wants Jimmy to know about the tape. I'm not sure of his plan, but maybe he thinks Jimmy will simply break into the house to try to steal or damage the tape. That seems a somewhat unlikely plan for a brilliant legal mind such as Chuck's, but the writers did make a point to have Jimmy bring up the fact that he no longer has keys to Chuck's house, earlier in the show.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rusbro,

Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Having Ernie bring batteries for the tape player was a rouse.
Not sure about that, but it may have been a ruse. Razz

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
What is Chuck going to do with the tape?
It might have something to do with the fictional version of this crew: https://www.nmdisboard.org/

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agreed. I was hoping Season 2's slow burn pacing wouldn't extend into Season 3, but it sure did, and then some. I wish, too, the two divergent storylines would start to merge, at least a little...to have two such different storylines run parallel for so long is a little frustrating. Seems like it'd be a richer show if one had something to do with the other. We'll see if Season 3 introduces that idea.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
No doubt, that if you're watching BCS expecting Breaking Bad you will be disappointed. I sure like seeing how some of the characters became who they were in BB. Great writing IMO.

The post BB segments with Cinnabon Gene are awesome.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
quote:

Agreed. I was hoping Season 2's slow burn pacing wouldn't extend into Season 3, but it sure did, and then some. I wish, too, the two divergent storylines would start to merge, at least a little...to have two such different storylines run parallel for so long is a little frustrating. Seems like it'd be a richer show if one had something to do with the other. We'll see if Season 3 introduces that idea.

I think the difficulty for the writers might be that we know where Jimmy's story arc ends. It must end about where Walter White enters Jimmy's life (at the latest). A big part of what made BB great was watching Walter's transformation. Most likely the TV powers-that-be want to get at least five or six seasons out of BCS, and once Jimmy becomes the Saul that we knew in BB, once he completes that transformation, I think it'll probably be time to end the story. I don't think the writers want to just have a show that shows Saul in new adventures every week or three. They want his transformation to be the arc.

Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think the difficulty for the writers might be that we know where Jimmy's story arc ends. It must end about where Walter White enters Jimmy's life. A big part of what made BB great was watching Walter's transformation. Most likely the TV powers-that-be want to get at least five or six seasons out of BCS, and once Jimmy becomes the Saul that we knew in BB, once he completes that transformation, I think it'll probably be time to end the story. I don't think the writers want to just have a show that shows Saul in new adventures every week or three. They want his transformation to be the arc.

The only problem with that is that we don't know how long he was Saul before Walter showed up. His hijinks as Saul are worth at least an entire season alone.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ It's certainly possible they'll give us at least a season of him mostly or completely as "Saul," but that means it could be another season or two before he completely becomes that guy. My point was that it wasn't going to be one or two seasons of "Jimmy" and four or five seasons of "Saul." The Saul we know from BB won't come into full existence until nearer the end of the series run, I strongly suspect.

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think the difficulty for the writers might be that we know where Jimmy's story arc ends. It must end about where Walter White enters Jimmy's life (at the latest). A big part of what made BB great was watching Walter's transformation. Most likely the TV powers-that-be want to get at least five or six seasons out of BCS, and once Jimmy becomes the Saul that we knew in BB, once he completes that transformation, I think it'll probably be time to end the story. I don't think the writers want to just have a show that shows Saul in new adventures every week or three. They want his transformation to be the arc.

All true, but the two storylines I was referring to wasn't contemporary-Jimmy and future-Saul (and/or future-Cinnabon Guy), but rather Jimmy and Mike Ehrmantraut. While the two characters have spoken briefly a few times, their respective storylines run generally parallel and thus far have had very little to do with one another. It does appear, though, that the next episode (Ep. 2) has them interacting with each other more than before, and I also see Gustavo is entering the picture, so perhaps there will finally be that merging of storylines that I've been awaiting.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post