SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul season 3 Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
That was a pretty good season finale. Enough things were wrapped up to provide some closure and enough left hanging to have us look forward to next season.

Chuck is no doubt out of the picture, Hector looks like he's headed to the wheelchair with a bell, Jimmy's apparently not getting his big settlement and elder work is out of his wheel-house for now. Kim seems to have lost some of her ambition and just might leave law,(at least around Jimmy) and from the look Gus gave Nacho,(I think he picked up on Nacho's pill switch) his days might be numbered. Although Francesca sarcastically expressed little hope of being called back by Jimmy, we know she somehow will be. The little shredder queen she is.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Gus knew Nacho wanted to get rid of Hector already.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
One has to wonder if he told Jimmy that to hurt him one last time, or so that his apparent suicide would perhaps hurt Jimmy less.

Probably the first. I didn't get the impression that suicide was on his mind when he told Jimmy off. The lights/power were still on, and he appeared okay at that point.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:

Chuck dead. (Probably)

If so, he sure leaves Jimmy hanging. That had to make a mark.
As Chuck's likely heir, Jimmy might be getting the buyout money from HHM. Assuming, Chuck died. That's likely, but everyone was a bit cagey about that during the "Talking Saul," following the finale.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
quote:

Chuck dead. (Probably)

As Chuck's likely heir, Jimmy might be getting the buyout money from HHM. Assuming, Chuck died. That's likely, but everyone was a bit cagey about that during the "Talking Saul," following the finale.

The buyout was verbal and only between the two of them....so it's a he said she said thing

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Chuck dead. (Probably)

The buyout was verbal and only between the two of them....so it's a he said she said thing
No, the other people at the firm know there were only the options Chuck laid out, and Howard would have had to tell everyone he was paying off Chuck. Now it's fiction, so the writers might choose to ignore all that, but that's the long and short of it.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Chuck dead. (Probably)

By "hanging" I meant the mattered comment. Clearly Chuck has always mattered to Jimmy, never so much the other way. Whether Jimmy knew that in his heart, there was a shattering finality to Chuck's cruelty.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8329 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
That was a hell of a finale. Can't believe we have to wait almost a year to see it again.

Between Chuck purposefully hurting Jimmy and possibly dieing, and losing out on the settlement money and making himself the bad guy to set things right with that sweet little old lady, that seals the deal for Saul to be born permanently and it might happen pretty fast from here.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Chuck dead. (Probably)

No, the other people at the firm know there were only the options Chuck laid out, and Howard would have had to tell everyone he was paying off Chuck. Now it's fiction, so the writers might choose to ignore all that, but that's the long and short of it.

No, Howard could just tell them that they came to other sort of agreement..... lower dollar figure etc. who knows. Nobody else heard it. They just heard Chucks opening asking price.

Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Chuck dead. (Probably)

No, Howard could just tell them that they came to other sort of agreement..... lower dollar figure etc. who knows. Nobody else heard it. They just heard Chucks opening asking price.
Chuck's buyout price was based on the terms of the partnership agreement, and would have been the basis of the threatened litigation. The idea that Howard wouldn't have told other members of the firm about agreeing to the buyout is ridiculous. Again, it's a work of fiction, and the writers may ultimately choose to treat it as unrealistically as you want to, but only time will tell.

Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
I wasn't a fan of how Jimmy reversed the Sandpiper settlement. First, he needs the money. Secondly, his old firm would likely have used legal means to change the class action representative once Jimmy told them how he manipulated her. Moreover, there's probably language or leverage that they could use on him based upon his contract and suspension that could forfeit his share of the settlement for doing what he did and let's not forget he didn't exactly leave under good terms so this would absolutely be something they would pursue. Lastly, these people loved and trusted him. If he really wanted everyone to get along he could have told them the truth and why he did it and he wouldn't have to make himself look like an asshole.

I know it doesn't fit the script or make for a dramatic ending to the season but the last half of the season has been really, really slow.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So.....perhaps Mike Ermentraut told Gustavo Fring about the plan to kill off Hector - that is an possible explanation for Gustavo seeming to know about the pill switch. Now I have to wait until next year to find out.

Posts: 81 | Location: Springfield. USA | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squint:
So.....perhaps Mike Ermentraut told Gustavo Fring about the plan to kill off Hector - that is an possible explanation for Gustavo seeming to know about the pill switch. Now I have to wait until next year to find out.

Mike is the type of guy that doesn't tell anyone else anything unless it's to the person paying him to work for them. Remember, Gustavo was a very sharp guy and nothing got past him in BB, he just picked up on it.

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Gus, Mike and Saul/Jimmy...are the smartest/most astute characters in the entire BB/BCS series IMHO...These three really have a grasp on everything that is going on around them...everyone else is just somewhat powered by circumstances and self importance (even Walter White) and sort of just "waltz" through what is involved and as a result, comes their way.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Chuck would leave nothing to Jimmy. He probably left it to a scholarship fund for impoverished law students.

I may be the only one who thinks so, but Better Call Saul is so much better than Breaking Bad.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chuck would leave nothing to Jimmy. He probably left it to a scholarship fund for impoverished law students.

I may be the only one who thinks so, but Better Call Saul is so much better than Breaking Bad.

I agree on both counts.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:

It's hard for me to say. So much of why I like Better Call Saul is because of what I already know from Breaking Bad. It's great TV, but the character reveals and back stories wouldn't have had the same impact and been as fun without BB. I'm looking forward to rewatching BB now.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:

It's hard for me to say. So much of why I like Better Call Saul is because of what I already know from Breaking Bad. It's great TV, but the character reveals and back stories wouldn't have had the same impact and been as fun without BB. I'm looking forward to rewatching BB now.

This is my perspective too.
You couldn't have the same view without BB.
Also BCS isn't as dramatic as BB ~ more lighter moments.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
BCS is currently my favorite show. 10 episodes per season just ain't enough.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Talking with Cliff Claven the other day "interesting little know fact that Howard was in Law Enforcement previously to becoming a lawyer. Saw him in Bad Ass and Bad Ass 2, so we know it's true." . Smile

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post