SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul season 3 Login/Join 
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Yes. Kim is the "go along to get along" type. Not a huge risk taker.

She wasn't exactly on the fast track to partner, but she is very competent.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Whoo-hoo! Saul Goodman makes his debut!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Was Chuck McGill in "Breaking Bad?" I don't remember him appearing at all.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

No Chuck. Or Kim or Nacho. Gus, Lydia and Crazy 8 though.

That commercial was hilarious. Kim was speechless.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that never watched Breaking Bad and can't get into Better Call Saul.
Too bad for him ~ what two great shows. Cool

Finally Saul arrives!

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
"...yeah, like 'sall good man." Brilliant! Big Grin

Never made that connection. Did it ever come up in Breaking Bad?

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
quote:

No Chuck. Or Kim or Nacho. Gus, Lydia and Crazy 8 though.

That commercial was hilarious. Kim was speechless.

Nacho was in BB. He was Tuco's henchman and worked at his father's upholstery shop mostly as a cover up to his drug dealings. He used Mike to help him facilitate side drug deals.

Another revelation from this episode is the industrial laundromat Gus is looking at to buy. Although that doesn't come into play in BB until well into the series (I think season 3 or 4) it's interesting to see how it came to be which they didn't go into in BB.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
I've been wondering how Hector becomes incapacitated in BB...after his demand to Nacho last night that he involve his father in the drug trade and Nacho's note of Hector's medication, I think perhaps that "how" has become apparent...guess time will tell.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if Chuck ends up dead by his own hand.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
"...yeah, like 'sall good man." Brilliant! Big Grin

Never made that connection. Did it ever come up in Breaking Bad?

A while back Jimmy mentioned it when he and his friend were pulling the wrist watch scheme in the alley.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I would also say Nacho is going to be a big part of Hector ending up in the chair. Maybe or maybe not with assistance from Gus.

Also fascinating to see the future location of the hidden meth lab that Gus built. Eek Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
The last couple of episodes have seen more tie-ins to BB. Last week Jimmy was introduced to Huell, and the 15th's episode brought in Krazy-8, Lydia, and Tyrus. I don't recall seeing any of them since BB(?). Now that we've seen Krazy, I wonder if odds of seeing Jesse have gone up.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm thinking the same thing...a part of me was halfway expecting it last night...time will tell.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:

I'm thinking the same thing...a part of me was halfway expecting it last night...time will tell.

Why go to the trouble of calling the doctor if he is going to off himself? I feel like he is questioning his "illness", he will be an even bigger handful at a 100%.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nacho was in BB. He was Tuco's henchman and worked at his father's upholstery shop mostly as a cover up to his drug dealings. He used Mike to help him facilitate side drug deals.

You're thinking of last season on BCS. With the guy that bought the yellow Hummer. And then got ripped off by Nacho.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Considering Jimmy's apparent devotion to his brother, if Chuck kills himself, I would think Jimmy/Saul would end up a much darker character.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're thinking of last season on BCS. With the guy that bought the yellow Hummer. And then got ripped off by Nacho.

Okay, these are starting to run together.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I thought sure Chuck was going to get locked up again. Wandering around town in a tin foil hat and cape. Guess he had to walk a ways to find a pay phone.

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
I thought sure Chuck was going to get locked up again. Wandering around town in a tin foil hat and cape. Guess he had to walk a ways to find a pay phone.

Keep in mind this is set in 2002, so pay phones were still relatively prevalent.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why go to the trouble of calling the doctor if he is going to off himself? I feel like he is questioning his "illness", he will be an even bigger handful at a 100%.

I agree. Chuck's rage is directed outwards towards others. He is not a depressive, just an angry paranoid delusional individual who thinks he is morally superior and brighter than anyone else. He lacks true empathy for others and has no capacity for intimacy for others. Jimmy can be somewhat more empathetic, but is certainly morally flexible when it comes to the law.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post