SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul season 3 Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^Gus is definitely about to show up. The writers have admitted it will happen this season. It's probably Gus who is behind tracking Mike and having the "Don't" note placed on Mike's windshield.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
^^^ It's certainly possible they'll give us at least a season of him mostly or completely as "Saul," but that means it could be another season or two before he completely becomes that guy. My point was that it wasn't going to be one or two seasons of "Jimmy" and four or five seasons of "Saul." The Saul we know from BB won't come into full existence until nearer the end of the series run, I strongly suspect.

I see a short blend into BB up to the point where Jesse hires him, and maybe a bit more from Saul's perspective during the BB time frame. I also think it is viable to do a season in the post BB time frame.

They have a lot of fodder. Vince Gilligan will use every bit.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ Bringing in Jesse might work well. I think it would be a challenge to pull off continuing past the introduction of Walter White, though. Would they simply introduce his name, but never show Saul's interactions with him? That may be like an elephant in the room that we're not allowed to look at. Would they insert scenes from BB into BCS? That wouldn't likely work because of the obvious signs of aging on the actors. Would they film scenes between Saul and Walter that happened during the BB timeline, but we never saw during BB? Seems like that would be kind of a disservice to the complete work of art that BB is.

I'm not saying going into the WW timeline would be impossible, especially considering how talented the BCS creative team is, but it would probably be far from the path of least resistance.

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Watched the second episode of season 3 last night. Pace is slow, anticipation keeps me watching, missing Jimmy's over the top antics.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
You didn't think breaking down the door to Chuck's house and acting like he was going to kick his ass over the top? Smile

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I love this show. It's one of the only shows I can sit down and watch and never get bored and am always disappointed when the credits roll. Need more! Smile

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I like the show a lot, with the pace of the show I don't think we need to worry about seeing any of the BB cast anytime soon.

I really hope for a Mike spin off, I like his part more than Jimmy/Saul.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I like about this show is the attention paid to character development. Like the Sopranos, and other intelligent series the characters have depth and complexity and lots of conflicts. The plot does not matter so much to me. The humor is probably what i like the most.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
I like the show a lot, with the pace of the show I don't think we need to worry about seeing any of the BB cast anytime soon.

I really hope for a Mike spin off, I like his part more than Jimmy/Saul.

This IS his spin off, kinda. We have seen his beginnings right along side Jimmy.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I've always loved the Mike character, and agree that BCS is almost BCS&M. Can't help but think that the powers that be at AMC debated doing a BB spin-off where Mike was the primary focus instead of Jimmy. I don't see a Mike-centered show after the end of BCS simply because of the signs of aging on Johnathan Banks by the time BCS ends.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Maybe I missed it in BB but I've always wondered where the name "Saul Goodman" comes from. I can't help but think it's a spin off of the phrase "it'S ALL GOOD MAN". Anyone have any insight?

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Maybe I missed it in BB but I've always wondered where the name "Saul Goodman" comes from. I can't help but think it's a spin off of the phrase "it'S ALL GOOD MAN". Anyone have any insight?

Saul used that phrase in an early episode where he ran a scam in Chicago.

Edit -- I should say Jimmy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ripley,

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Things aren't happening fast, but the tension is ratcheting up. Odenkirk is doing a great job.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Haven't watched the show but think I need to now. The Odenkirks grew up in my neighborhood and I was frienda with Bobs little brother Bill. Bill is now a comedy writer/director which doesn't surprise me as he was pretty funny growing up. Glad to learn of their success.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Did the dangling shoes make a previous appearance in BCS, or maybe BB? The opening shots featuring them was very familiar. As a somewhat side note, I was struck by the feeling we were going to see Walt and Jesse's camper come rolling down the road, even though I knew the timeline wasn't set up for that. Those desolate, open road shots remind me so much of BB.

Maybe the dangling shoes were used in an the episode last season? I recall a prolonged scene at a border crossing that seemed to have partly been filmed by a drone.

Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
A very good episode last night. I didn't link the shoes to anything in BB either.

It is clear that Mike is not through with Hector and now sees Gus as a likely ally.

I'm wondering if Mike is behind Hector being incapacitated when we meet him in BB?

How is Jimmy gonna get out of the jam he is in now?

At Jimmy's brothers house, the 2 "witnesses" were not in the room when he rifled through the desk and destroyed the tape.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Gus now knows Mike has unfinished business with Hector. Mike will no doubt distinguish himself in Gus's eyes, a match made in heaven, small "h".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
OK now I can't get Sugar Town out of my head. Roll Eyes

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OldChimney
posted Hide Post
I think the opening scene with the shoes was from the future; the shoes being the same ones Mike threw over the wire earlier. So that scene could have been during the BB timeframe, although I don't recall the shoes from BB.

Posts: 2364 | Location: West | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post