SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Absentia - Amazon Prime Original with Stana Katic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Absentia - Amazon Prime Original with Stana Katic Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
I was never a huge Castle fan, but I always loved me some Stana Katic. I stumbled upon her Amazon original series called "Absentia" and really enjoyed it. Katic, who is also an executive producer of the series, plays Emily Byrne, an FBI agent who was believed to have been killed by a serial killer but never found. She is declared dead in absentia and her husband (also an FBI agent) remarries and raises his and Emily's young child in a new family. After it is discovered she is still alive, Emily struggles to adjust to her new life after 6 years in captivity. She finds herself the prime suspect in a series of murders. She goes rogue trying to clear her name.

Season 1 is 10 episodes and I found it very enjoyable. The plot moves along nicely, the camera work is well done, the casting is mostly good (I didn't like the actor playing her former husband). It is a suspenseful thriller that will have you wondering who did it up to the last episode. All in all, I would recommend it for a binge watch.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. I'm looking for a new series to watch and this sounds good.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time you think you got it figured out, you don't.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
I watched two episodes last night after everyone went to bed. I enjoyed it but the audio track covers such a wide dynamic range that I was constantly changing the volume setting on the remote. The dialogue at times is very quiet, followed by an extremely loud action sequence.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I loved it and hope they will do season 2.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks, they have reruns of castle on , these days and I always wonder about her life after castle

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendation. We're six episodes into it. Well worth the time.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
I saw this thread a couple of weeks back and mentioned it to the wife. We started watching and are 8 episodes in now. Can't wait to see how season 1 wraps up!

quote:
Originally posted by 45ProCarry:
I loved it and hope they will do season 2.

My wife was reading yesterday that season 2 is set to be released this year.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
thanks, they have reruns of castle on , these days and I always wonder about her life after castle

Love her shoes!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just wrapped up S4 of The Expanse.
This looks intriguing & will give it a look.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
4 episodes in & liking it so far.

quote:
Originally posted by Wayniac:
I watched two episodes last night after everyone went to bed. I enjoyed it but the audio track covers such a wide dynamic range that I was constantly changing the volume setting on the remote. The dialogue at times is very quiet, followed by an extremely loud action sequence.

The dramatically louder bursts definitely are a little much.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post