New
Find
Notify
Tools

Life Below Zero Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Now she finds an exposed seam of coal she didn't plot to return to.

Coal is better than wood for heat when there ain't no trees.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I am a fan and make a point to watch the show, but dam Sue is a cry baby.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Another thing I noticed in that show... Glen likes to get nekkid

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:

Sadly Netflix does not blur anything.

Andy, the guy in Eagle, can do just about anything!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

Including abuse the crap out os his girlfriend of 10 years. Which is why she is nolonger on the show.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
quote:

Including abuse the crap out os his girlfriend of 10 years. Which is why she is nolonger on the show.

Andy is rather abrasive. I thought he and Kate were married though.

Sadly Sue has not been eaten by one of those salmon predators either. You think the crew have to draw straws to determine who's stuck with her for weeks on end?

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
quote:

Andy is rather abrasive. I thought he and Kate were married though.

Sadly Sue has not been eaten by one of those salmon predators either. You think the crew have to draw straws to determine who's stuck with her for weeks on end?

I believe they had been together for 10 years before her daughter saw her on tv, and visited. I think they refered to their relationship as common law marrige. Her daughter visited, and she did not return to the show the following year.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
OMG - Sue is about the dumbest person ever and how she survived more than a couple years is beyond me.

Buys new snow machine and pays to have it flown in. Crashes said machine which results in broken collar bone. uses sledge hammer to destroy said machine which was still in working condition.

After said crash noted above, buys a full compliment of freezers (which are flown in) to replace the ones which had spoiled meat within (electricity went out during re-hab from crash).

Buys what appears to be a full compliment of Yeti brand insulated coolers and bags. Rent plane for a few hours of fishing (resulting in TWO fish!!).

Then the capper (for me) - generator overheats (again, and for the same reason as a couple years prior - clogged radiator), hear helicopter, see and recognizes Coast Guard helo, and in her position, doesn't know basic hand signals to wave the helo in. Then the capper - she's more concerned about the lost sale of fuel when the helo left the area instead of being able to recognize the helo's aircrew likely wasn't just out getting flight hours in that far north but on an actual search and recover mission.

No wonder she's probably not turning a profit and now suing the producers of the show.. Buys based on emotion instead of making sound business decisions.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
If you're afraid that everything that moves wants to eat you, should you really be wearing hats that look like small animals? Big Grin

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a new show called " I was Prey". Pretty lame in my opinion. I however would love to see Sue featured on one of their episodes. I only watch the show for the scenery.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"Does Sue drive me crazy with how she talks?" yes she does.

"Does she talk in questions when they TV camera's not around?" I'd like to know. Big Grin

Okay... I'm only posting this because I just watched Glenn struggle to cross a river. Flailing around like he might not make it, trying to swim with a backpack on. But the scene before we see him making camp and getting some sleep the night before. And we see him lay down an air mattress to sleep on. Hey I got an idea! Big Grin

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd like to know

I think she talks to herself and mumbles. IMHO she seriously lacks social skills. I prefer to mute the sound when she speaks. Sort of like when you turn off the announcers on the football game. I have not tried closed captioning, might be an option.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post