SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    You Be the Director - Alternate Movie Endings
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You Be the Director - Alternate Movie Endings Login/Join 
posted
WARNING - This thread will be full of spoilers.

Passengers

I just watched this and actually liked the happy ending, but some dark part of my mind dredged up this alternative ending.

Jim dies while saving the ship and Aurora never discovers that the auto-doc could be used to put her back into hibernation. The movie ends by flashing forward a year where Aurora is sitting next to someone's pod while contemplating waking them up.

So, what changes might you make to pivotal movie or television moments that would really alter things?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
I just watched this and actually liked the happy ending, but some dark part of my mind dredged up this alternative ending.

Jim dies while saving the ship and Aurora never discovers that the auto-doc could be used to put her back into hibernation. The movie ends by flashing forward a year where Aurora is sitting next to someone's pod while contemplating waking them up.

We discussed the same alternate ending to Passengers in another thread a few weeks ago:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/6520061614/p/2

(See the video posted by Skull Leader towards the bottom of Page 2 of the above thread.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The Titanic doesn't strike the iceberg.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
They never find Private Ryan.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Or Nemo...

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
WARNING - This thread will be full of spoilers.

Passengers

So, what changes might you make to pivotal movie or television moments that would really alter things?

My wife was oh how romantic. I had to explain to her that it was text book stalking. I pointed out all the creepy to her. Totally ruined the movie. I get what the director was going for. That could have been done with out the creep factor.

Logan,

I would like to have seen him take over the training of the kids. Sans adimantium, so his healing factor could have at least kept him at par.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Taken (the 1st one)
Mills gets to the last scene and decides “To many guns out there, I will just use my particular set of skills to free my daughter tonight.”

Bad guy shoots Mills in chest 5 times and he dies. His daughter ends up in a harem in Dubai!

No Taken 2 or 3, but ol Liam gets to make his political anti-gun statement…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
In the movie Big, when Tom Hank's character goes back to being a kid, his girlfriend goes to the Zoltar game and shows up in his class as a kid his age.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I would beef up the ending of Collateral (great a movie as it was). The dead guy riding the train story is OK, but I think I could go one better:

Early in the film, Annie notices a copy of The Art of War in Max's taxi. He explains he is into martial philosophy (tying into a connection with Vincent later). He then proceeds to get lost, with the excuse "even monkeys fall from trees", a common Japanese proverb.

Later in the firefight, Vincent goads Max saying he does this for a living. After successfully plugging him, Max delivers his cool-guy line (you guessed it), "even monkeys fall from trees".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16348 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I would have liked to have seen in the ending of The Road, exactly what catastrophe it was that caused the planet to die like that.

Maybe a comet?

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I would have liked to have seen in the ending of The Road, exactly what catastrophe it was that caused the planet to die like that.

Maybe a comet?

In the book it seemed pretty clear it was nuclear war, but I suppose it could have been a comet. But the cause isn't the point of the story, and knowing the cause wouldn't really be an alternate ending.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
They don't blow up the Death Star.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Secretariat doesn't win the Belmont Stakes.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Rick and Renault don't start a beautiful friendship.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Tom Cruise dies in first fight near beginning of Last Samurai

Tom Cruise dies instead of Goose. Goose has to fly with some other shirtless boy wonder

Tom Cruise gets ambushed on the bridge and dies in Mission Impossible.

Tom Cruise dies stays dead at beginning of Edge of Tomorrow

Monster finds Tom Cruise in War of the Worlds, and kills him.

Tom Cruise falls on a sword in opening scene of Taps, and dies.

Tom Cruise crashes in first race of Days of Thunder, and dies.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LS1 GTO,

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Tom Cruise dies instead of Goose. Goose has to fly with some other shirtless boy wonder

Tom Cruise dies at beginning of Edge of Tomorrow

Big Cruise fanboy???

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tom Cruise did die at the beginning of Edge of Tomorrow....he just didn't stay dead.

He was undead in Interview with a Vampire Smile

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Point Break

Johnny Utah tracks down Bodhi in Australia on the beach. They struggle in the surf and Bodhi winds up handcuffed. Bodhi pleads to be let go to surf the 50-Year Storm wave. Utah states, "You robbed numerous banks, kidnapped and tortured my girlfriend, got my partner and friend killed as well as an innocent security guard and several of your friends, personally shot and killed a police officer, and laughingly taunted me into diving out of a plane without a parachute! You're going down! This is the sweetest punishment!" Bodhi is arrested and taken off to jail.

Some time later, Utah and Lori Petty are on the beach. They are notified that Bodhi hung himself in prison. They emotionally stare at each other and then grab their surfboards and walk off into the water.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
quote:

Tom Cruise did die at the beginning of Edge of Tomorrow....he just didn't stay dead.

He was undead in Interview with a Vampire Smile

Corrected. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Final Countdown, the USS Nimtz teleported into position between the Hawaii Islands and Japanese fleet only this time, it gets enough time to interfere with the attack on Pearl,

Yamamoto launches its air fleet as the Captain on the Nimitz who's been holding back so as to not interfere with the time line of the universe finally issues orders to stop the attack, launches his fleet and wipes out all
the japanese ships, we see dog fights with Zeros being smoked by F14's and Japan retreats home, the war ends and the ship teleports back.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post