SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    WORST CHRISTMAS SONGS???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WORST CHRISTMAS SONGS??? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Worst Christmas song ever without a doubt is
Dan Fogelberg's Same Auld Lang Syne

And

any version of Santa Baby

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
John & Yoko's X-Mas song. A terrible song, 3 minutes of pain and agony.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16670 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Worst Christmas song ever without a doubt is
Dan Fogelberg's Same Auld Lang Syne

And

any version of Santa Baby

Yes that is a painful one, along with Christmas Shoes

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ALL OF THEM!!!
I nearly rip the radio out of my dash every December because all anybody plays is Xmas garbage.
Is it march yet?

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Before I joined the Air Force, I worked in an office. For 3 YEARS, from the day after Thanksgiving to New Years day, they played NOTHING BUT Christmas music. I got SO fed up with garbage music. The negative conditioning was so bad for me (music is my kryptonite), that only now, 27 years later, can I go to a shopping center (or someplace similar) without going slightly insane from the listening to that crap (they never played Christian Christmas songs (like Silent Night, O Come Emanuel, etc), so I continue to enjoy those).

It wouldn't be so bad were it not for the fact that there is practically NO NEW Christmas music out there. No, every single douchebag with a recording contract wants to churn out a 'Christmas Album' with the SAME 12 songs on it. I mean, EVERY 'big' name 'artist' does their own version of these SAME OLD SONGS, and they all try to 'make the songs their own,' mostly by butchering the lyrics, 'over-souling' the heck out of them, or changing the speed of the cadence.

Even though I can handle it in small doses (I don't go shopping unless I have my MP3 player and headphones), a few of the crappier songs stand out that I still can't tolerate:

Winter Wonderland (so unoriginal that they have to rhyme 'blue bird' with 'new bird'

Santa Baby (as much as I love Eartha Kitt, I cannot stand this song)

Santa Claus is Coming to Town, by the Jackson 5 (the skrill autistic shrieking of that 5-yr old brat makes my skin crawl)

Happy Holidays

Jingle Bell Rock (what the HECK is a 'jingle horse?' )

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Amy and every thing with Yoko in it is defined as "terrible." Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I don’t think Fogelbergs song was meant to be a Christmas song. A song about a chance encounter with an old gf during the holidays. It’s been made into something it’s not.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Paul McCartney's "Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time" makes me want punch the radio...I simply despise that song Mad...

The "Christmas Shoes" song is one of the most downer songs ever written...I had never heard it until Airsoft Guy made mention of it a few years ago and youtubed it...it's horrible!

"Santa Baby" just sucks out loud...double sucks when Mariah Carey sings it...

John Lennon's "So This Is Christmas" is awful too.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
That abomination by Mariah Cary.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of terrible songs mentioned so far.

Baby it's Cold Outside... the creepiest of all xmas songs.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
McCartney's Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time is not only the worst Christmas song ever, but THE worst song ever. How does the guy who wrote Yesterday and Let it Be turn around and write that?

FWIW, I like a lot of Christmas music, especially religious-themed.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Fucking all of them.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

++++ Worst ever. No contest.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The dogs barking Jingle Bells.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Paul McCartney's "Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time" makes me want punch the radio...I simply despise that song Mad...

That one annoys me too and it gets played tons!

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Y'all need to check out the "Anti-Christmas Carols" that Bob Rivers does.

"Walkin' 'round in Women's underwear" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9URPvejWHk

"The Restroom Door said Gentlemen"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlIs27Z5Hrk

"Chipmunks roasting on an open fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xj-jGAJgZY

I can't even listen to Christmas Carols without hearing his versions.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
All advertisement jingles sung to the tune of Christmas songs, usually "Deck the Halls."

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Literally ANY Christmas tune recorded by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
Had the unfortunate occasion to go with family to see them live. What a colossal waste of time.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crossroader
posted Hide Post
Santa Baby is awful. However, for me, the ultimate worst Christmas song ever is Nancy Sinatra's Rockin Around The Christmas Tree.

As soon as the government gets your guns, they'll be back to take your Bible.

Posts: 440 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: March 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post