SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    It will happen this way.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It will happen this way. Login/Join 
Picture of Poacher
posted
You may be walking, maybe the first sunny day in spring and a car will slow beside you, and a door will open and someone you know, maybe even trust will get out of the car and he will smile, a becoming smile, but he will leave open the door and offer to give you a lift.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Love that movie. Just watched it again the other day. Max Von Sydow was great as G. Joubert.

"Condor is an amateur. He's lost, unpredictable, perhaps even sentimental. He could fool a professional. Not deliberately, but precisely because he is lost, doesn't know what to do. Unlike Wicks, who has always been entirely predictable".

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I prefer Europe

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Turner: Why?

Joubert: I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much".

Poacher, the one you posted is one of my two favorite spy movie dialogues. The other is the "whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt" dialogue from Ronin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite movies for a long time, and that scene is great dialogue.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I miss it when I am gone.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I heard they wanted a good American to play Turner but they settled for Robert Redford. Wink

I actually really like this movie and will usually stop and watch at least part of it when it’s on.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Do you believe that the Condor is an endangered species?

My favorite movie. Always watch it when it is on. I hope they never make a remake...

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
My favorite movie. Always watch it when it is on. I hope they never make a remake...

Apparently a TV series is being made though... set to premier later this summer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Why do I have a code name and you don't? Or, "Have I ever denied you anything"?

What a great old movie.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
quote:

Apparently a TV series is being made though... set to premier later this summer.

Ugh, even worse. The world is going to Hell in a hand basket.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I watched the first couple of episodes of the tv series Condor, so far its been pretty good.

Wife caught up last night, she enjoyed it - she has never seen the movie, so we are going to order it on demand this weekend so she can see it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I still think the fight scene in his apartment is one of the best.. where he the book nerd uses just about everything in the room to fend off the professional killer.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
The real Christmas classic, before Die Hard.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
I watched the first couple of episodes of the tv series Condor, so far its been pretty good.

Wife caught up last night, she enjoyed it - she has never seen the movie, so we are going to order it on demand this weekend so she can see it.

Or even read the book. Which I thought was much better than the movie.

Posts: 506 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
For that day.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always enjoyed the movie. Just got around to reading the book. I may have to disagree with onegeek and say I like the movie more. One odd thing about the movie (also in the first Bourne Identity book) is the kidnapping of an innocent woman as part of the escape. Don't think that would sell today.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The original movie is one of my favorites of all time. Just finished the new show last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. No punches pulled on character "arcs." Hope for more and an easy way for my non ATT buddies to watch.

Posts: 36 | Location: GA | Registered: June 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onegeek:
Or even read the book. Which I thought was much better than the movie.

+1

Oddly, I found my enjoyment of the movie enhanced after I had read the book and re-watched the movie. This almost never happens. Maybe it's because I saw the movie first.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Just finished Season 1 of Condor. Really good show.