SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Well gents the 4 yr willett bourbon is out on 3/2017. They only pulled 4 barrels and its barrel strength so boo hiss.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Grabbed EH Taylor BP today. Finally got my eh rye a friend.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Well gents the 4 yr willett bourbon is out on 3/2017. They only pulled 4 barrels and its barrel strength so boo hiss.

Boo Hiss the quantity and date, but 4yrs and Barrel Strength sounds lovely.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Yess my barrel strength comment was more in tune of less juice as its not watered down!

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Had the kids and grandbabies over for dinner last night and shared my first 100ml of '14 William Larue Weller last night with the son-in-law. Poured out a small 200ml of the stuff to let it settle down for a week or three (140.2 proof!!!).
Fantastic stuff already. Big Grin

BTACs coming next month (hope, hope). Will be on the hunt for the 4yr Willett barrel strength bourbon early next year, too (finally their own juice?). Cool

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Snagged 2 bottles of weller 12. Any traders here?

Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I know it's not burboun, but this is the best booze thread we have. I just opened a bottle of rumbullion, which is a rum made for master of malt online retailers. It's fantastic. Absolutely worth the money, which was maybe 40$? I'm not a rum drinker and don't usually care for it, but this is heavily spiced and very unlike most rum. Highly recommended as a Christmas dram. In fact, I'll be giving some out as Christmas gifts this year.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Snagged 2 bottles of weller 12. Any traders here?

Sure! Interested in ETL or something else, perchance? Please feel free to e-mail me - addy is in my profile.

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Sorry my friend looking for exotics mostly! I'd assume most won't trade unless we had opposite tastes.

I have a few ETLS, EC18s, EHBP, Willet 3 yr rye, Trying to capture a pappy and WLW this year if possible.

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trying to capture a pappy and WLW this year if possible.

For a Weller 12 or 2? What you got for a 2016 Yamazaki Sherry Cask???? If that's not exotic, I just don't know what is. Oh, and I already cracked my '14 WLW so you're probably not interested in that, either?

TTFN,
F.
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeeTen:
quote:
Trying to capture a pappy and WLW this year if possible.

For a Weller 12 or 2? What you got for a 2016 Yamazaki Sherry Cask???? If that's not exotic, I just don't know what is. Oh, and I already cracked my '14 WLW so you're probably not interested in that, either?

TTFN,
F.
8-)

I would definitely trade 2 + cash for an un-opened WLW. Im not really up for after market prices, more like fair trade amongst friends at retail. You know with that WLW you could just add 1 teaspoon of water per oz of bourbon and have a killer Weller 12 at the perfect proof Smile

I am not a scotch guy unfortunately. Anything with a malt taste I cannot handle so I avoid a few bourbons in that category like stranahans, pickett etc...

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would definitely trade 2 + cash for an un-opened WLW. Im not really up for after market prices, more like fair trade amongst friends at retail. You know with that WLW you could just add 1 teaspoon of water per oz of bourbon and have a killer Weller 12 at the perfect proof Smile

Hmmmm ... let me see what I can come up with to tempt you. And I agree about "fair trade amongst friends at retail" - had a guy offer me a PVW20 and $1000 (I kiddingly asked for a PVW23 and $1200) for the Yamazaki Sherry Cask, tho'. Roll Eyes

Please drop me an e-mail and we can do a "show me yours and I'll show you mine" retail price comparison. BTAC coming out soon! Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The gods agree that those who participate in whiskey sales and trading at prices above retail ought to be beaten with spaghetti noodles repeatedly until they've seen the light.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Spaghetti noodles, you are to nice unless it's dry and you jam it in their eye.

To think Weller 12 has become some unicorn is crazy. I remember when it was a sub $30 bottle and was regularly in stock. It's okay, lot b is 10x better.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
W12 is $25 here.

Edit- email sent.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Finally tried the elliots select limited edition 4 roses single barrel. Its about 113 proof. OESK aged 14 yrs

Nose: not much different drom your traditional 4 roses SB

Palate: whew, its got some pepper which makes this 113 proofer seem like in the mid 120s.

Finish: no burn, lots of caramel and toffee

Id say worth the coin at retail. This is also my first LTD edition ever.

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Finished a bottle of Hillrock Solera Aged Bourbon. 9-1/2 yr old dram of yummy goodness! Gonna' get a barrel of this for Christmas (ok, ok - maybe just a bottle or two from a store barrel select that I helped pick). Big Grin

E-mail received, BTW. Wink

TTFN,
F.
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I should mention, i can get scotch too. I await your response!

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
So guys, wheres all the new hooch? Not time yet?

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Picking up a bottle of High West Midwinter's Night Dram tomorrow. Guess the new issues are starting to hit the stores for the holiday season.

Hey Deglyn,

On the scotch side, I also got a bottle of the 2016 Eastern Tour Cask Strength Kilchoman Machir Bay (signed by Anthony Wills, founder and his boys who are fellow rugby players) and a Glenrothes 1998 Cask Strength.

It's getting cold up here in New England and just in time for the roll out the BIG BOYS to keep us warm. Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!