SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
SIGGUY yeah 69.99 is what I paid for it and got that price for joining as a club member for the store Bevmo it saved me 10 bucks off the regular price of 79.99 had to order it online and pick it up in store. Was a nightmare ordered it go to pick it up they told me wasn't available and that the charge would drop off, then 1 day later get a email that it was ready for pick up got lucky. They only get 4-5 per store every 6 months.

In stock system is always 24 hours behind so if you go or call the actual stores it's long sold out as soon as it comes in.

The little liquor store that managed to get 1 bottle in wanted 149.99 I said no way in hell unless you're desperate.

This one should last me awhile.

Posts: 965 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Scored my second bottle of Blantons and another Eagle Rare today at Buffalo Trace.

I am now in Blantons jail for the next three months.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got an open bottle of Highland Park Whisky now but, I do like Woodford Reserve Double Oak a lot.

Posts: 5 | Registered: March 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum.

Please let us know how you like the Highland Park. The WRDO is a favorite of mine. I missed the Double Double Oaked a few weeks ago.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Highland Park 12 year old whisky is a go for me. Would I keep it on hand probably not unless I could get it at a great price. Slàinte!!!

Posts: 5 | Registered: March 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
After a year long search.. finally got a McKenna 10 yr bottled in bond. It’s good, smooth doesn’t pack a big punch.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Two of my favorite things:

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
After a year long search.. finally got a McKenna 10 yr bottled in bond. It’s good, smooth doesn’t pack a big punch.

We get it from time to time. It is considered allocated, so it does not last long. It is $50.00 locally and I have picked up two bottles in the last 11 months and passed on two others.

It is definitely a nice pour.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

posted Hide Post
I have not seen a bottle of McKenna 100 proof in my liquor stores in over a year. When I ask the Mgr. about getting some, he just laughs at me and walks away!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I would encourage you to try a bottle of Old Foresters 1920. I think it’s very good.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I would encourage you to try a bottle of Old Foresters 1920. I think it’s very good.

It is one of the better Bourbons I have tried since my Bourbon journey began 11 months ago. It is also readily available, not allocated in Ohio. It is at the upper end of what I have spent on a bottle.

Hoping for a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof "A" batch this week.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Absolutely love this one!

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
I scored 4 bottles of Blanton`s at my local BJ`s for 51.00 a bottle. Got the last 4. I didn't hoard them though-2 went to my neighbor.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Was given a bottle of Basil Hayden Dark Rye today as a gift.

Haven't had this one before.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

Bet it makes a good ass old fashioned...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I have not seen a bottle of McKenna 100 proof in my liquor stores in over a year. When I ask the Mgr. about getting some, he just laughs at me and walks away!!

If you want me to pick you up a bottle shoot me an email.

Posts: 814 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is an example of all that is unholy in the current bourbon industry. This is Ky rye, Canadian rye and California port. Yes they mix port with Ky rye. Whoever came up with this should be forced to consume it.

I made the mistake of buying one of the Basil Hayden mixes not knowing and it was pretty bad.

As you can tell till I'm pretty disappointed / pissed about it.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
quote:

This is an example of all that is unholy in the current bourbon industry. This is Ky rye, Canadian rye and California port. Yes they mix port with Ky rye. Whoever came up with this should be forced to consume it.

I made the mistake of buying one of the Basil Hayden mixes not knowing and it was pretty bad.

As you can tell till I'm pretty disappointed / pissed about it.

I agree, just mediocre. My smokin hot wife bought me a bottle of BASIL HAYDEN'S
Caribbean Reserve Rye. It's pretty tasty neat or with a cube or two.

For those of you that like a Manhatten, try the Red Hook. Use a high proof rye, 100 or so. Me likey very much

Ingredients
2 ounces rye whiskey
1/2 ounce maraschino liqueur
1/2 ounce Punt e Mes Vermouth
Garnish: maraschino cherry
Steps
Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled.

Strain into a cocktail glass.

Garnish with a maraschino cherry.

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yuck, who does that (adds Port to Whiskey)...?

Was a nice gesture, just the same.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I was able to score another bottle Of McKenna yesterday. It was the last bottle they had. they get their delivery between 10:00-11:00, I was there at 12:30, long after the lines. In Ohio, it retails for $50.00.

The Owner of the store recognized me and offered me a Buckner's 13 yr. old single barrel, from behind the counter. I asked how much and he responded $199.00.

Because I knew nothing about Buckner's, I passed, but thanked him for offering me the bottle.

When I returned to the Office, I googled Buckner's. It comes from a new Distillery in Augusta, KY. not too terribly far East from Cincinnati.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve