SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
What's up with this thread? Nobody buying stuff? Geeten I know you are! Let's hear about it.

Waiting for the call to pick up my bottle of William Larue Weller. One can always hope.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Didja grab all of them?

LOL youll be the first to.know.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Got lucky (heh, heh) and picked up a couple of bottles for the Bunker today. RHFx2, ECBP (batch B517)x2, WSRx2, and a bottle of Plantation Old Fashion Traditional Dark (OFTD) rum (for vatting 1:1 with the extra WSR after mixing another bottle of Grandpa Weller's 4 Grain vat).

It's still warm somewhere, no? Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GeeTen,

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought into a share of Kentucky Owl rye so I can get a taste and bought a bottle too in case I like it. The full bottle will get traded or sold if it isn't stellar. I'm betting the first rye release will be good to great and the subsequent Stoli backed stuff will be much more of a cash grab.

Going to Vegas this weekend and contemplating dropping money on serious pours. We'll see how lady luck treats me.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Local shop had 2 bottles of ECBP, a couple bottles of Stagg Jr, and a bottle of ETL. Unfortunately they are all in "lottery" case so can't purchase off the shelf. I offered double retail on the ETL but no dice...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Dont bother with kentucky owl going forward. Stoli just bought them and plan to turn a 48 barrel company into mass produced high end bourbon. Ya, right, all marketing. Great whiskeywash article on it.

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Bought a Blanton's last night, and Weller 12 Yr last week.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Anyone know off hand how obtainable and pricy the Blanton's barrel proof is lately, anywhere beyond eBay/etc? Is it wishful thinking to hope for one or three for retail?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Master of Malt has it for ~$95/bottle plus shipping.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That's not terrible. Thanks.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Shipping is usually 60$ i use nikolls n Perks and hedonism. Hedonism gouges but they got it usually.

Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
Question for those of you buying ECBP: what is the proof?

Wondering if it's still in the mid-130s and higher, or if the dropping of the age statement means that they're now free to use younger, lower proof bourbon.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Its been 132s the last two ive bought. I think #9 and #10

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Local shop had 2 bottles of ECBP, a couple bottles of Stagg Jr, and a bottle of ETL. Unfortunately they are all in "lottery" case so can't purchase off the shelf. I offered double retail on the ETL but no dice...

My store Smoke Rise bottle shop, doesn't do lottery everything goes on the shelf. I have found pappy lot B on the shelf. I have picked up mutiple Stagg Jr and ECBP this season. I love ECBP. I was in the shop Thursday they had multiple Stagg Jr.

As far as ETL it was awesome when it was 22.99, great at 25.99, I paid 29.99, I paid 36.99 then 39.99. It has now approached Blantons pricing. I now pass on it at 39.99. At that price point I like E H Taylor small batch, same proof as ETL, but it's always on the shelf and IMHO it tastes better.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TooTech:
Question for those of you buying ECBP: what is the proof?

Wondering if it's still in the mid-130s and higher, or if the dropping of the age statement means that they're now free to use younger, lower proof bourbon.

It looks like the proof has slightly been reduced I had a release at 127, this is the second release of 2017.

I am currently working a release 10 which is 138 proof.

The Batch code B517 B is second release of the Year, may 2017.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

My store Smoke Rise bottle shop, doesn't do lottery everything goes on the shelf. I have found pappy lot B on the shelf. I have picked up mutiple Stagg Jr and ECBP this season. I love ECBP. I was in the shop Thursday they had multiple Stagg Jr.

As far as ETL it was awesome when it was 22.99, great at 25.99, I paid 29.99, I paid 36.99 then 39.99. It has now approached Blantons pricing. I now pass on it at 39.99. At that price point I like E H Taylor small batch, same proof as ETL, but it's always on the shelf and IMHO it tastes better.

Guy at Mink's (Delk Rd) said it usually depends on how much of it they get. If they get 2 cases, it goes on the shelf. 2 bottles and it's in the lottery. I've bought Stagg Jr and MMCS off the shelf multiple times there.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the way to Corntucky for more of the Bourban tasting this weekend.

On the Docket
Woodford Reserve
Three Boys Farm
Willett
Limestone Branch
Bulleit

And whatever liquor along the way!

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Won the chance to buy a 2017 Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon at MSRP - picked it up for a good friend whose wife had a baby girl earlier this year.

Also bought a bottle of Knob Creek 25th Anniversary SiB from the Loch & K(e)y Society barrel personally recommended by Fred Noe. Got a chance to taste before buying - best Beam/Suntory bottle for quite a while, IMHO! Big Grin

Hey Berto,

SB.com down lately? Mad

Update - yup, it was down due to the fires in Sonoma. But it's back up now! Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GeeTen,

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
46n2 u got mail.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I swapped addresses due to spam. I'm out right now but will message you tomorrow from the new one and update the listing here. I've been slacking.