SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Scored 2 bottles of Sazerac Rye at 29.99 a bottle at a store I've all but quit going to because of the gouging. They had Weller 12, Elmer T Lee and Blanton's behind the counter at 199.99 a bottle and was on my way out when I spotted the Sazerac.

I had a conversation with the person behind the counter about how much a $150 a bottle mark up on 20-30 bottles a year really made a difference on their bottom line. They were in agreement but said the owner just jacks the price up on everything people are on a wait list for, I was a bit torn on just leaving but I really like the Sazerac Rye.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
Scored 2 bottles of Sazerac Rye at 29.99 a bottle at a store I've all but quit going to because of the gouging. They had Weller 12, Elmer T Lee and Blanton's behind the counter at 199.99 a bottle and was on my way out when I spotted the Sazerac.

Hey sureshot45,

I got all excited when I saw your post this morning. I thought you found a Saz18 for $29.99 (getting all psyched for Pappy/BTAC deliveries coming in up here in New England) - then I woke up and figured that you saw a Baby Saz (which goes for $29.99 @ TW). Need coffee bad . . . . . Roll Eyes

Still Baby Saz very good, tho' - nice score. Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
They had Weller 12, Elmer T Lee and Blanton's behind the counter at 199.99 a bottle and was on my way out when I spotted the Sazerac.

And this is what is happens when flippers sell their BS at 4x. We've seen it with 22 ammo etc... We're going straight scotchification on the midshelf stuff.

Some guy did that around here and the distributor cut them off the following year. He hasnt seen any good stuff. You can call BT and complain and they will look into it if you so choose.

It would be nice if another player actually made some decent well priced hooch on mass. Im thinking Makers Cask aged to 12 years. That that sounds nice.

GeeTen you are having a bad week! Wink

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
$200 for ETL, Weller 12, and regular Blantons?

Ugh. Words can hardly describe how much that's bullshit.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baby Saz is $22 at Costco near me. The distro game is a mess.

I hope the guy selling ETL and Weller 12 for $200 trips and knocks them off the shelf. Those prices are the sign of a store that no longer needs your business.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Berto, you may not know, but how does HiTimesWine do for their raffles? I have a few points there and told I am in the raffle. Never done it before.

On a sidenote the bottom has fallen out of templeton 4 yr. LOL 26 bucks for their Geraldo Rivera edition.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Baby Saz is $22 at Costco near me. The distro game is a mess.

I hope the guy selling ETL and Weller 12 for $200 trips and knocks them off the shelf. Those prices are the sign of a store that no longer needs your business.

I stopped buying from them 2 years ago when they had the ETL at $60 a bottle. Only reason I stopped by was because they were open when the other guys were closed (with the wet/dry counties the stores are right next door) although I did let it be know that they had lost my weekly business due to their crap but with this store being on a county line they do so much business they couldn't care less.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha! Sorry for the false alarm, although I imagine the Saz18 would have been priced at 199 with all the others.

quote:
Originally posted by GeeTen:
quote:

Hey sureshot45,

I got all excited when I saw your post this morning. I thought you found a Saz18 for $29.99 (getting all psyched for Pappy/BTAC deliveries coming in up here in New England) - then I woke up and figured that you saw a Baby Saz (which goes for $29.99 @ TW). Need coffee bad . . . . . Roll Eyes

Still Baby Saz very good, tho' - nice score. Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Berto, you may not know, but how does HiTimesWine do for their raffles? I have a few points there and told I am in the raffle. Never done it before.

On a sidenote the bottom has fallen out of templeton 4 yr. LOL 26 bucks for their Geraldo Rivera edition.

Not sure how Hi Time does their raffles, I actually had no idea they did. I figured they moved their limited stuff at higher than secondary. I buy from them a few times a year during sales. They started getting shady a few years back and my interest in supporting them waned.

Templeton took a hit a few years back over shady stuff and never recovered. Not broken up about it.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
quote:

Not sure how Hi Time does their raffles, I actually had no idea they did. I figured they moved their limited stuff at higher than secondary. I buy from them a few times a year during sales. They started getting shady a few years back and my interest in supporting them waned.

They said they do them for their loyalty rewards customers at a reduced price. Hey maybe I'll get lucky.

posted Hide Post
quote:

They said they do them for their loyalty rewards customers at a reduced price. Hey maybe I'll get lucky.

Good luck! Hope you win and the price isn't too dumb.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
its pappy day today in the breadbasket. Not a single bottle hit the shelf, lol.

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
its pappy day today in the breadbasket. Not a single bottle hit the shelf, lol.

Same here in New England. Wegman's took care of their "special" customers. Other stores are holding their lotteries. TW&M has NO idea what they're doing. And the beat goes on! Eek

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

Hey Deglyn,

YOU da' man! Thanks.

F.
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Back atcha geeten! Ive got 3 raffles coming up in the next 3 weeks or so. A drawing saturday too.

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Back atcha geeten! Ive got 3 raffles coming up in the next 3 weeks or so. A drawing saturday too.

"God bless us, every one!" Big Grin

- Tiny Tim from Charles Dickens, "A Christmas Carol"

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Went to Middletown, RI (near Newport) to officiate at a swim meet over the weekend. Dropped into a local "packy" (package store) and saw a bunch of HWMWND Act 5 Scene 2's on the shelf. Bought one (1) the first day, two (2) more the next day and cleared the shelf save one (1) as I was leaving town last night. $74.99 ea. OTD! Bad karma to take them all! Wink

They did have Pappy and BTAC bottles but all at secondary or higher prices (PVW23 for $3200 - YIKES!). Mad

Gonna' have to remember that little store next year. Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Nice score!

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
HWMWND Act 5 Scene 2's

I'm going to need the decoder ring for that one. Who has the ring?

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
HWMWND Act 5 Scene 2's

I'm going to need the decoder ring for that one. Who has the ring?

High West: Midwinter's Nights Dram

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Thanks.