SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
How is the act 4 taste compared to act 3?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
What are some of your favorite spots for online bourbon purchasing? I like masterofmalt.com and ilovescotch.com but neither are great for hard to find bourbons. Would love to hear some recommendations!

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
What are some of your favorite spots for online bourbon purchasing? I like masterofmalt.com and ilovescotch.com but neither are great for hard to find bourbons. Would love to hear some recommendations!

Depends on your definition of hard to find. Limited Edition stuff isn't going to be found online at a reasonable price. Shelf stuff that you have trouble finding locally is doable. Wine searcher and 1000corks are good to search nationwide. Not all stores in all states are allowed to ship. If your state is shippable K&L, HiTime, and Binny's have deep inventories and ship.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Just bought a case of obsf bp aged 11 yrs

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Just bought a case of obsf bp aged 11 yrs

A whole case???? You must be made of money!!! Big Grin

TTFN,
F.
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
A case of Old Rip, Lot B, or Pappy is only three bottles. A case of ETL, however, is 12. Seems to vary quite a bit.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
It was 6. With tax $400. However. 2 for the bunker. 2 for trading and 2 for gifts for xmas. Smile

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Tonight, Canadian Club 100% Rye..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was 6. With tax $400. However. 2 for the bunker. 2 for trading and 2 for gifts for xmas. Smile

Aww, I haven't even gotten you a present yet.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Hows the canadian club rye? I love the price, i expect young and thin?

Ha, 46n2. You got something to trade im all ears! I just mailed off some today.

Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
So a while back, some of you recommended (46 and 2 I believe) that I try Wild Turkey Rare Breed. After opening it, trying a few shots and letting the bottle sit, now that I'm well into it here is my opinion: I absolutely love it! In fact, this and the Four Roses Small Batch have a very similar flavor profile. Sipping it, I get what I'm guessing is the rye in the finish. Really enjoying it.

So thanks for the recommendation, it was spot on.

Now to try some Blantons.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

Aww, I haven't even gotten you a present yet.

2 of the FR for one papa sazerac?

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Gotta' LOVE Whiskey Wednesdays! After contributing a fresh bottle of Yamazaki 12 to the collection (replacing the 2 near-empties that I polished off a few weeks ago!), had a dram of the 2014 LE FRSmB, and finished off a bottle of 2011 WLW (133.5 proof) with some good friends. Big Grin

I was out by the fire pit, roasting marshmallows while most of them were inside smoking fine cigars and drinking even better bourbon watching the Cubs win. Good thing it was a warm night. But I got the better deal since I had 3 fingers of the WLW (and I have fat fingers) to finish off the bottle. Wink

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Very jealous of the WLW!!!! I bought a business partner a 2012 that I paid heavily for. Its still unopened!

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I am hardly surprised by the positive end result of this trade with such good folks on this forum/thread but big thanks to Geeten!

Is there a list anywhere that shows bourbon only avaialble in KY anywhere? I will be there in 2 weeks.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
To anyone considering midwinters night dram this year:

i just tasted my act 3 scene 3 versus my newly gathered act 4 scene 3. I have to say act 4 tastes better than act 3! Stack it deep! Cant wait til it hits KS!

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there a list anywhere that shows bourbon only avaialble in KY anywhere? I will be there in 2 weeks.

Not that I know of. The topic has come up in some of the bourbon forums from time to time, maybe Straight Bourbon IIRC, and some of the forums have members who are distillery employees or are otherwise local, and they've answered such questions before, so you might do some searches in those places and see if the threads still show up...

As I recall, the Gift Shops at each Distillery definitely occasionally have things you can't get elsewbere, and maybe there are a few unique offerings around town too but I don't remember any specifics.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
BTW if you get a chance to try Mitchers 10 yr, its pretty damn good. Like a buffalo trace but more mature.

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I generally buy 12 bottles at a time (which can be mixed) from the local liquor store in order to receive a 20% "bar discount". The last time I did, after pulling the usual (all they had) Eagle Rare and Four Roses Single Barrel off the shelf, I was at ten. Looking at the Wild Turkey section there were a few Russel Reserve Single Barrel so I tossed two of them in the box even though at $50(list) it was a bit over what I generally spend.

But I just poured a glass of Russel Reserve Single Barrel this evening in celebration and damn if it isn't really good, maybe the best tasting bourbon I've ever had.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Hey, Deqlyn, I mixed your earlier message above about trading for BTAC Sazerac... I would, but I'm on my last bottle with only about a 1/2" left, and I'm not resupplying it since I was never crazy about it. It's good, but a bit too mild to me, I vastly prefer the Handy or just Baby Saz in that family. Now, if it were 18yo *and* Barrel Strength like Handy... Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 46and2,